|Job policy:||Employment Equity position, Disabled position|
|Company:||Primedia Broadcasting Recruiter|
Job descriptionKey outputs/accountability
The key output is content production, direction of the show whilst on air and post show follow up, which will include the following:
- Attend weekly feedback/planning meetings and show de-briefing sessions as required.
- Effective call screening techniques.
- Generating content ideas for the show plus monitoring and following up on developing stories.
- Confirming interviews, doing research & completing final running order.
- Efficient long-term planning.
- Consulting and liaising with presenter, other shows, news and all related stakeholders.
- Consult and liaise with digital content teams to develop a collaborative approach to developing stories across platforms.
- Identify stories that have been on-air that may be carried further on-line either in social media or one of Primedia Broadcasting’s websites.
- Identify calls and SMS’s to the show that could be used to supplement on-line content for example EWN stories.
- Monitor social media for feedback on show topics and ideas.
- Provide final briefing to presenter before the show.
- Provide feedback to the presenter after the show.
- Liaise with newsroom / other stakeholders.
- Comply with the programming strategy of the Station and all legal requirements for broadcasting.
- Processing of payments/administration.
- Capture information on the online show planner.
- Compile show podcasts and promo on a daily basis.
Suitable candidates will be selected in accordance with Primedia Broadcasting’s Employment Equity Policy. Correspondence will only be conducted with short-listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Send your detailed CV to email@example.com with the Subject Line “CT Producer”.
The closing date for applications is 28 JULY 2021
- Journalism or equivalent degree.
- Three years’ experience in radio or a related field.
- Basic computer literacy including word processing, internet, e-mail and other broadcast programmes such as phonebox, and SMS line.
- Good organisational skills.
- Extensive general news knowledge.
- Ability to identify interesting topics for Talk Radio.
- A network of contacts within the media and in society.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Team player.
- Ability to be calm and diplomatic in crisis situations.
Posted on 21 Jul 10:46