|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Company:||Oasis Group Holdings|
Job descriptionUndertake feasibility studies on new developments and improvements including NPV/IRR calculations and accurately compute contract values.
- Perform project risk management and evaluate commercial risks of new-build.
- Implement a robust procurement strategy and cost control processes.
- Preparing tender documents and contracts, including a Bill of Quantities.
- Prepare and analyse costing for tenders considering plans and using best available price.
- Conduct tender evaluation.
- Make recommendations to management on allocation of work to contractors, subcontractors and professional fees.
- As in-house QS, minimise the project cost and hold service providers strictly accountable.
- Prepare trend analysis and forecasting of project costs and cash flows relative to budget.
- Provide advice on contractual claims and manage variations.
- Attend all site progress meetings.
- Value completed work and issue payment orders, less any retention.
- Produce periodic detailed project progress reports and analyse project outcomes relative to project plan including cost reports, cash flow reports and variation orders.
- Undertaking costs analysis for repair and maintenance work.
- Attend tender briefing meetings.
- Comply with internal policies, procedures, systems and controls.
- Perform other general estimating or QS functions.
RequirementsMinimum B.Eng. or B.Sc /B.Sc Hons/M.Sc degree specialising in Quantity Surveying with a strong academic profile.
- Professional QS (Pr.QS).
- Minimum 5 years experience as a QS with a medium to large sized reputable Engineering/ Construction/ Mining company or independent practice.
- Proficiency in use of automated QS tools and software.
- Detailed knowledge of building regulations including relevant legislation, regulations, and ordinances governing property.
- Firm understanding of building/engineering contracts and their application ideally with commercial/industrial experience.
Posted on 06 Feb 12:42