|Location:||Cape Town, Bellville, Northern Suburbs|
|Remote work:||Not Applicable|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Job descriptionChristian Vision SA is looking for a mid-level Web Developer with a vision to pursue meaningful work at the intersection of tech and ministry. Working as part of a small cross-functional team, the ideal candidate is a top-notch programmer with a clear desire to aggressively expand their repertoire while working across a range of web properties and assisting in the development of a product with a global footprint.About us
Christian Vision (CV) is a global Christian charity with evangelism at our heart. Founded in 1988 by Lord Robert Edmiston, CV’s strong desire is to serve and equip Christians, and the local church, in their evangelistic endeavors. To this end, we work to see impact in three key areas:
- Introducing people to Jesus;
- Mobilising Christians to evangelise; and
- Resourcing the Church with free digital content and knowledge.
The Web Developer is responsible for writing well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices. Creating websites and user interfaces, the candidate is also responsible for integrating data from various back-end services and databases.Specific Responsibilities
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Take responsibility for building, maintaining, expanding, and scaling a number of web properties
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Handle high-severity issues timeously and efficiently and provide emergency development support to live production environments
- Create and maintain product documentation
- Assist in delivering data to CV’s data warehouse
- Conduct and implement research on new digital techniques and technologies
Fulfil other duties, as common to all employees and as directed, within parameters outlined in both the mission and vision statements. This includes:
Skills/ Experience/ Education
- To be available for personal and spiritual growth opportunities.
- To pro-actively maintain a positive attitude.
- To adhere to all regulations, CV policies, procedures and guidelines.
- To undertake professional development as required.
- To adhere to all occupational health and safety requirements of CV.
- To keep confidential the affairs of CV and its employees.
- To represent CV in a positive manner.
- To keep abreast of the latest methods and technologies.
- 3+ years of web development experience, and well versed in Agile product development methodologies
- Excellent problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
- Experience working on projects that utilise virtual machines on Google Cloud Platform through products such as Compute Engine API, Vertex AI, and Firebase a distinct advantage
- Ability to learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques
- Excellent command of the English language both spoken and written.
This role is based in Bellville (Cape Town, South Africa). Interested parties can send their CV and covering letter to the Corporate Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on 02 Dec 15:00, Closing date 31 Jan