|Location:||Cape Town, Bellville, Northern Suburbs|
|Remote work:||Not Applicable|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Reference:||#Full Stack Developer|
Job descriptionChristian Vision SA is looking for a senior Full-Stack Developer with a vision to pursue meaningful work at the intersection of tech and ministry. Working as part of a small cross-functional team focused on a product with a global footprint, the ideal candidate is comfortable delivering and managing both front-end and back-end solutions, engaging with product architecture and features from conception to completion.About us
Christian Vision (CV) is a global Christian charity with evangelism at our heart. Founded in 1988 by Lord Robert Edmiston, CV’s strong desire is to serve and equip Christians, and the local church, in their evangelistic endeavors. To this end, we work to see impact in three key areas:
- Introducing people to Jesus;
- Mobilising Christians to evangelise; and
- Resourcing the Church with free digital content and knowledge.
The Full-Stack Developer is responsible for developing, implementing, optimising and maintaining front-end and back-end product components, including web pages, web applications, databases, and integrations with enterprise solutions and third-party libraries, while playing an active role in ideation and the development of the product roadmap.
- Design software solutions with stakeholders
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Create and maintain servers and databases
- Build and integrate RESTful Services and APIs
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Handle high-severity issues timeously and efficiently and provide emergency development support to live production environments
- Create and maintain product documentation
- Deliver data to CV’s data warehouse
- Conduct and implement research on new digital techniques and technologies
Fulfil other duties, as common to all employees and as directed, within parameters outlined in both the mission and vision statements. This includes:
Skills/ Experience/ Education
- To be available for personal and spiritual growth opportunities.
- To pro-actively maintain a positive attitude.
- To adhere to all regulations, CV policies, procedures and guidelines.
- To undertake professional development as required.
- To adhere to all occupational health and safety requirements of CV.
- To keep confidential the affairs of CV and its employees.
- To represent CV in a positive manner.
- To keep abreast of the latest methods and technologies.
This role is based in Bellville (Cape Town, South Africa). Interested parties can send their CV and covering letter to the Corporate Services Manager at email@example.com
- Proficiency in all stages of web development from concept to deployments
- Experience creating and running virtual machines on Google Cloud Platform (Compute Engine API) advantageous. Vertex AI knowledge advantageous. Firebase knowledge advantageous
- Experience building and integrating RESTful Services and APIs
- Excellent problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
- Well versed in Agile product development methodologies
- Excellent command of the English language both spoken and written.
Posted on 02 Dec 12:45, Closing date 31 Jan