- NSG launches compulsory online course on Ethics in the Public Service
- No work, no pay: the Covid-19 salary crisis
- Clicks non-executive director Nonkululeko Gobodo resigns
Business System Architect
|Company:||John Snow Inc. South Africa|
We are looking for a dynamic and highly experienced system architect with a strong business analysis background for an upcoming donor-funded project. This will be a contract position based in our South African office in Pretoria, to conduct research and analysis to elicit solutions to seemingly intractable public health problems and help to introduce these software solutions to clients.
Purpose of the role:
The business system architect will be responsible for leading the implementation of technology solutions for JSI and its clients in a cost-effective way by determining the requirements of projects or programmes and communicating them clearly to stakeholders, facilitators and partners.
- Gather and interpret requirements from key stakeholders/customers in line with business analysis frameworks.
- Analyse and understand the business requirement and through a structured or adaptive approach, validate and translate these into a macro/master solution delivery plan for enablement.
- Contribute to translating the business goals into capability design in line with business architecture.
- Act as a liaison between key stakeholders/customers and the project team to determine customer needs and translate these into business requirements.
- Oversee the quality delivery of requirements and business process specifications that meet the agreed deliverables in line with best practices and business process.
- Collaborate closely with solution teams and a variety of end-users to ensure requirements compatibility and end-user satisfaction.
- Participate in the conceptual solution design process to make recommendations to create and enhance solutions that are innovative, duplicable and sustainable and solve complex business problems.
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing and guide users to ensure that the designed solution ultimately meets business requirements.
- Participate in the success/acceptance criteria definition using scenario testing and test cases to ensure that testing covers all aspects of the business specification.
- Validate the functionality of all technical solutions on completion of development to ensure that business requirements are met in the implemented solutions.
- Define reporting requirements and integration points on affected components using diagrammatic representations.
- Collaborate with various functional areas and teams to ensure alignment, integration and consistency of solutions scope and delivery across the project.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Deliver on service level agreements applicable to internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure that client expectations are managed.
- Make recommendations to improve client service and fair treatment of clients within the area of responsibility.
- Participate and contribute to a culture which builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional client service.
- Drive client service delivery goal achievement in line with predefined standards in order to ensure that clients receive appropriate advice and quality service.
- Be and encourage innovation, change agility and collaboration within the team.
- Identify solutions to enhance cost-effectiveness and increase operational efficiency.
- Run workshops and training sessions.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, software engineering or equivalent qualification is an essential requirement;
- At least three years of experience in software development or as a business analyst is required;
- Proven knowledge and experience in an Agile environment required (i.e. experience in implementing Agile practices and associated skills including user story writing);
- Process, systems and data modelling ability required;
- Excellent communication skills in English are required; ability and willingness to work outside of normal working hours is required;
- Quality assurance and (automated) testing experience and training would be an advantage;
- SQL skills would be an advantage;
- Production support and troubleshooting experience would be an advantage; experience within public health/healthcare industry would be an advantage. Strong visualisation skills using cloud-based tools would be an advantage;
- Excellent interpersonal skills strongly preferred;
- Understanding of data security standards and best practices highly desirable;
- Must be passionate about quality;
- ISO certification will be desirable.
Closing date for applications: This job posting will be open for 30 days after which it will be rolling for consideration until we find a suitable candidate. Interested candidates should apply on LinkedIn or submit a CV and relevant transcripts as directed below.
Via email (specify on the subject line: Business System Architect) to moc.isj.az@acirfahtuosisj
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not receive a response within 14 days of your application, please consider your application as being unsuccessful. We take this opportunity to thank you for your application and your interest in JSI.
Posted on 06 Aug 10:56
Apply by email@example.com
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
John Snow Inc. South Africa