|Get jobs on your |
|Benefits:||Medical aid, Provident fund|
|Location:||Cape Town, Westlake|
|Company:||Achievement Awards Group (Pty) Ltd|
To start soonest
A vacancy exists at our campus in Westlake Business Park (Westlake, Cape Town) for a software tester. The primary focus of this position is the development and application of appropriate tests to ensure that AAGroup software related products and services are fault free and meet specified requirements.
Reporting to the IT quality assurance tester team lead, you are a self-driven individual with a proven track record in software testing.
As software tester you will be responsible for:
- Understanding the functional specification
- Translating the specification into appropriate system test cases
- Writing and running test programs and test cases
- Identifying inconsistencies/bugs and their cause
- Managing the bug repair process – in conjunction with the developer
- Signing off test cases
- Working with large volumes of data through calculations
- Recording time and billing
- Identifying, understanding and applying new technology and trends when developing test cases
- A BSc degree or relevant IT diploma
- Two to five years software testing experience
- Experience in setting up test cases and test automation
- A strong understanding of the IT development environment
- A sound knowledge of different programming languages
- Technical ability in: SQL; Object Orientated Languages
- Able to deal with internal and external client pressures
- Analytical ability
- Attention to detail
- Customer service excellence
- High performance approach
- Planning and organising skills
- Quality focus
- Team player
Company DescriptionAre you looking for exciting opportunities within the performance improvement industry? Achievement Awards Group is searching for talented and qualified people to join our team of performance experts. We want to hear from you if you are passionate about working hard to achieve results!
As an Achievement Awards Group employee, you will enjoy a host of benefits, from fun team building activities to a customised recognition and rewards program that inspires our team to do their best. Modern offices, stylish décor and a culture that focuses on working hard, having fun and improving quality standards are just the beginning. The challenging and inspiring work environment that we provide allows our employees to learn and grow within the company, helping you increase your skills and experience within the dynamic human performance industry.
Situated in Westlake, Cape Town, our offices feature a unique zen garden that has been featured on Top Billing. This provides our talented employees with the perfect place to grow their skills in an inspiring environment.
Posted on 16 May 10:21