|Get jobs on your |
Chef de Partie
|Remuneration:||R6000 - R10000 per month|
|Benefits:||Mentorship 20 Days Leave Skills Development|
|Location:||Cape Town, Atlantic Seaboard|
Job descriptionInternship overview
The candidate should be well-spoken, well presented and passionate about hospitality. Needs to be a disciplined, hardworking, technically focused and task orientated person who can work at a high pace in a deliberate predictable manner with great attention to detail. Someone who is highly creative with a passion for food; to assist with the day-to-day running of a kitchen, ensuring that all guests receive efficient service, high-quality dishes and ensure company standards are maintained at all times, while also ensuring that kitchen profitability is maintained.
You will assist with training and supervising members of the kitchen brigade as necessary. You will be responsible for managing a shift.
Culinary School Diploma or a minimum of three years of work experience in the five-star location.
Strong planning skills and able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Knowledge of Food Safety systems (HACCP).
- Ability to work in all sections of the kitchen
- Well versed in current world trends in cooking
- Fine background a plus
- Great attitude and willingness to learn
- Take initiative
- Must have a positive can-do attitude and be able to take and follow instruction
- Must be reliable, hardworking and be able to cope with the pressure
- Understand the depth of flavour, presentation and flair
- Knowledge and technique is of importance
- Good knife skills; able to fillet meat and fish
- Neat with high regard for personal hygiene and presentation
- Solid English verbal communication skills (verbal and written)
- Understanding and application of basic math calculations
- Able to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays
- Section stock levels are correct and where required requisitioned in accordance with SOP
- Mise en place requirements are planned, actioned and handed over in accordance with SOP
- All food prepared is done in accordance with recipes
- The section is set up and managed to maximise productivity and in accordance with Health and Safety and Statutory Hygiene practices and company guidelines
- Stock is cleaned, organised, labelled and rotated in accordance with SOP
- To communicate any challenges re Equipment, food and staff to the senior chef as soon as it becomes known
- To train staff on an ongoing basis to ensure they are always up to standard with current menu recipes and standards
- Advise kitchen management of order requirements for section stock in accordance with business levels ensuring sufficient stock and no wastage
- Ensure that fridge temperatures are monitored and reported daily
Posted on 24 Jul 11:32
South Africa's first dedicated intern marketing place.