- PMI launches new course and tool kit to help create a workforce of creative problem-solvers
- KZN unveils database to recruit unemployed graduates
- A preservation 'revival' will supercharge South Africa's retirement outcomes
Group Financial Manager
|Remuneration:||Rand800000 - Rand900000 per month BasicSalary|
|Benefits:||Medical Aid & Pension Fund|
|Company:||Ulwezi Consulting (Pty) Ltd|
Job descriptionThe purpose of the position is to support management in ensuring accurate, relevant and timeous reporting, maintaining best practise corporate governance and to ensure all statutory and legal compliance.
Core job description and responsibilities:
- To prepare, maintain and review a full set of Consolidated Financial Management Accounts, monthly and quarterly as required.
- Assist with the preparation of the Group consolidated Annual Financial Statements
- Ensuring data is correctly and timeously submitted to MSCI, and results are interrogated and analysed.
- Regular market analysis of competitor results and Annual Financial Statements.
- Maintain the group accounting and reporting systems, ensuring consistency, relevance and efficient costs.
- Advising directors of any financial issues that need to be addressed timeously so as not to affect the operational effectiveness of the daily running of the business.
- Ensure and enforce Group tax compliance.
- Review of monthly subsidiary management packs, including that of the asset manager with monthly submission to the Exco.
- Liaison with the Group’s external auditors in terms of monitoring deadlines and performance and managing cost overruns.
- Provide advice and recommendations with regards to accounting implications and technical expertise in respect of new property structures and acquisitions.
- Manage Group annual budget process ensuring consistency, variance analysis and deadlines are met.
- Review subsidiary monthly reconciliations where needed and advise on improvements needed.
The ideal candidate for the position must satisfy the following criteria:
- Be familiar with all statutory rules, regulations and requirements pertaining to the businesses.
- Implement and maintain a proper and effective filing system for all accounting, bookkeeping and administrative documentation.
- Maintain and update computer software as and when required to ensure efficient and effective operational procedures in all departments.
- Must have technical knowledge of accounting concepts, practices, procedures, and financial reports.
- BCom (Honours) CA (SA)
- Three or more years of commercial accounting and related managerial experience, post articles
- Advanced MS Excel and MS Word required
- Proficient in Pastel Evolution and CaseWare
- MRI knowledge an advantage
- Previous property experiences a plus
- Extensive IFRS knowledge
- Good knowledge of tax legislation and calculation
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Well-organised and attentive to detail
- Analytical with an inquisitive mind
- Able to meet deadlines and manage projects
- Excellent people management skills required
- Willing and able to work in JHB CBD
Posted on 06 May 08:35
Apply by emailZodwa Nzimande
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
See also: Manager, Account Manager, Store Manager, Digital Account Manager, Campaign Manager, Marketing Manager, Project Manager, Social Media Manager, Media Manager, Accountant
Get job alerts for Financial Manager jobs
Engineering company needs an experienced Accountant who can manage costing and projects within the factory Matric / Grade 12Formal 3-year accounting...
Prepare and reconcile all inter company recoveriesApprove monthly expenses in line with the approval matrix and budgetsPreparation of inter company recovery...