- Innovation and creativity in the time of Covid-19: Alternative ways of thinking and doing
- Coronavirus: 5 ways to be a better manager when working from home
- Bizcommunity takes business virtual, as usual
|Get jobs on your |
|Benefits:||Medical Aid and RA Contribution|
Purpose of the job:
- The compliance officer will be responsible for partnering with senior management in the ongoing management of compliance risk.
- Ensure the effective implementation of the compliance monitoring programme and undertake all aspects of monitoring activities.
- Monitoring of compliance with the Insurance Act, long-term insurance, FAIS, FICA and other various applicable legislation.
- Promoting a greater understanding of legal requirements and developments while ensuring a positive compliance culture in the group, and the development of the group’s compliance environment.
- Analyse current and forthcoming regulations, proposals and legislation and provide meaningful, detailed analysis and guidance in respect thereto to senior management.
- Maintain appropriate written procedures to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, regulations and group policies and to monitor adherence to such procedures.
- Providing support and technical guidance and advice on legislative compliance matters and to assist with the implementing, development and maintaining of the compliance management framework.
- Interpret legislation and work with the business to ensure compliance is actively maintained as regulations change and develop.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the annual compliance monitoring plans.
- Undertake regular compliance monitoring activities (including office visits) to identify weaknesses in the control environment and potential compliance breaches.
- Monitor the efficiency and consistency of compliance controls and assist with the enhancement of procedures and controls.
- Conduct ongoing monitoring and tracking of compliance findings and the implementation of recommendations by management.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports to regulatory authorities.
- Good report writing and communication skills
- Good time-management and analytical skills
- Qualification in law or compliance (LLB or equivalent) is required
- Post-qualification legal experience in compliance will be ad advantage
- Two to four years’ experience
- Long-term insurance (or financial services) regulatory knowledge
- Experience in regulatory compliance (Financial Advisory and Intermediary Act, and long-term insurance)
- Experience in Financial Sector Regulation Act (Advantage)
- Knowledge of the Financial Intelligence Centre Act, National Credit Act and Protection of Personal Information Act
Posted on 03 Mar 16:25
Badger Holdings is a focused investment holding company specialising in the short-term motor insurance industry.
|Recent jobs by Badger Holdings||City||Date posted|
|Insurance Consultant||George||16 Mar 09:39|
|C# Developer||George||16 Mar 09:37|
|Consultants||George||16 Mar 09:35|
|Copywriter||George||13 Mar 09:57|
|Software Project Manager||George||13 Mar 09:51|
|Software QA Tester||George||10 Mar 14:25|
|Insurance Consultant||George||09 Mar 12:03|
|Compliance Officer||George||03 Mar 16:25|
|Copywriter||George||02 Mar 11:38|
|Programmer - Augmented Reality||Cape Town||02 Mar 09:51|