Head of Operations
|Remuneration:||R40000 - R50000 per month negotiable Basic salary|
|Job level:||Management Jnr-Mid|
Job descriptionJob Description
Radar is a startup building software and services in the HR and Payroll space. We need a Head of Operations to help us expand our business and delight our customers. You will apply your skills and experience to build out our operations and help South African SMEs look after their HR and Payroll needs. This is an ideal fit for someone looking to join an early stage startup.
Our ideal candidate is diligent, enthusiastic and keen to experience building a startup from the ground up. We are looking for someone with a good understanding of accounting, aptitude for navigating regulation, and the ability to take independent responsibility for their team and its functions.
We have our eye out for a Head of Operations with strong financial skills who is looking for a challenge outside the traditional audit and accounting world.
Objectives of this Role
- Collaborate with the CEO and CTO to define and build the company vision, operational strategy, and hiring
- Take responsibility for customer success - including client onboarding, support and day to day operations
- Establish and grow the Operations and Support team and focus on developing an inclusive culture through leadership and development
- Become the internal subject matter expert regarding payroll, tax and compliance
- Directly oversee company secretarial, accounting and operations
- Adhere to company, legal and regulatory requirements, enforcing compliance and taking action when necessary
- Process monthly client payrolls, tax filings and exceptions
- Oversee disbursements and client clearing transactions
- Work with the team to identify and implement product and process optimisation opportunities Manage the onboarding of new clients
- Respond and resolve customer support requests
- Recruit and hire support staff to align with the growth strategy
- Compile monthly accounts, invoices, filings and other accounting duties
- Take care of the secretarial, compliance and statutory responsibilities of the company
- Develop and maintain a competence in the general payroll and accounting space and advise on industry and regulatory changes impacting the business
- Report to the CEO and Board on all operational matters
- Support in Fundraising activities
Skills and Qualifications
- Honours degree in Accounting from an accredited university
- 3+ years work experience
- Exceptional personal integrity and sense of responsibility
- Leadership skills and the ability to grow healthy teams
- Understanding of the payroll and employment relations space
- Registration as a chartered accountant
- Experience in working outside large corporates
- Experience in dealing directly with customers
- Payroll processing experience
- Experience in using SimplePay and Xero
Company DescriptionRadar is a startup building software and services in the HR and Payroll space.
Posted on 19 Apr 15:26
Apply by emailKobus Ehlers
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.