- Innovation and creativity in the time of Covid-19: Alternative ways of thinking and doing
- Coronavirus: 5 ways to be a better manager when working from home
- Bizcommunity takes business virtual, as usual
|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Location:||Cape Town, City Bowl|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Company:||Academy of Digital Arts|
Job descriptionThe Academy of Digital Arts (www.ada.ac.za) is a private Higher Education Institution, based in Cape Town and focused on introducing talented creatives to the various fields of digital design. The Academy is part of the Friends of Design Group which has an array of offerings including full-time courses, short courses and custom corporate training programmes as well as an agency.
More importantly, however, we are a group artists, digital natives, computer geeks, thinkers and doers – and we are looking for a young, energetic and goal-driven bookkeeper to join our team.
In this role, you will be working closely with the accounting and finance department.
- Preparing books to trail balance for the entire group of companies
- Banking and reconciling of banking records
- Invoice/Credit Notes Processing
- Manage Credit Cards – Slips and recons
- Oversee and capturing of petty cash
- ADHOC office admin
- Report to the financial manager on a daily basis
- Processing online banking payments
- Data capturing to Excel
- Prepare payroll register
- Staff and freelance payments (Salaries)
- Prepare debit order batch (Sage pay)
- Follow up on outstanding payments
- Handle account queries
- Liaise with accountants
- Creating journals and bills
- Office administration and filing
- Client administration
- Registrar duties
- Facilitates effective student application, registration and enrolment
- Facilitate effective student and stakeholder support and communication, including between students, alumni, parents, fee-payers and academic staff
- Conduct student administrative and course-related support
- Advise students regarding enrolment, loan and scholarship eligibility
- Builds and maintains student data files
- Ensures the integrity, accuracy and security of all student information, transcripts, certification and records past and present
- Maintain updated staff records
- Supports academic staff in admin requirements and prepare / update admin documents
- Maintain and file student records including attendance records, medical records, student declarations, grades and certification.
- Based in Cape Town
- Three to five years of experience as a bookkeeper.
- Experience in accounting software like Pastel, Zoho Books, Freshbooks etc. (Three years)
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel
- Must be able to work under pressure and in a fast environment
- Own transport
- Team player
- The ideal candidate will be well versed to in all aspects of looking after books.
- Must be able to multitask and take initiative
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills: Ability to clearly communicate with a diverse range of stakeholders within and outside the organisation
- Excellent analytical skills, combined with impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate with management.
- Relevant qualifications in accounting
- keen interest and or experience in understanding the Higher Education environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong organisational and administration skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly accurate
- The ability to work independently
Posted on 12 Mar 12:26