- Potential jail time on the cards for CV fraudsters
- Education initiatives can transform CSI into social justice
- Companies need to ask themselves: can innovation be taught?
|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||R40000 per month Basic salary|
|Benefits:||Possible performance bonus if funds allow|
|Location:||Cape Town, CBD Foreshore|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Job descriptionThis is an exciting, creative opportunity for a degreed/qualified accountant to be part of a different style of organisation, with emphasis on solutions, high tech environment using cutting edge software. You will preferably have around seven or eight years of relevant financial accounting experience post articles, and wanting to grow your career in an innovative newly-formed non-profit organisation with sound backing and credibility.
Ideally, your experience will include some exposure in the donor funded non-profit sector, and preferably within a multiple-site structure. Ideally, you will be able to work in a team, be proactive, results-oriented with a mindset of innovation, solutions-focus and striving for excellence.
The essence of the role is:
- Efficient, effective design and implementation of well-designed financial systems and processes, including budgets and controls, possible SAP experience a benefit.
- Payroll, Cash flow management, Invoicing and Payments. For these, a hands-on practical style is required in initial stages.
- Statutory registration, compliance and reporting as well as related maximising tax benefits relating to NPO status.
- Programme support and delivery, and management of risk.
- Producing monthly financial reports, including budget vs actual and cash flow reports.
- Provide management of cash, controls on various sites and oversight of all systems in this regard.
- Be able to work with unit heads to ensure sound operational record keeping and financial systems control and efficiency
- Be able to adapt systems and controls if not as effective as should be.
- Able to train staff and have an empowering mindset in regard to all staff.
The vibe in the organisation demands good communication skills, strong ethical values and solutions driven style. You will have a strong conviction of the objectives and ethos of the non-profit nature of this organisation, but be able to contribute to the successful mission and objective of Youth empowerment.
Company DescriptionDonor funded organisation with the objective of creating
high tech IT skills for disadvantaged youth to enable employment and future career growth,
- Relevant Accounting Degree (B.Com, B. Acc or similar) plus articles and around seven or eight years of relevant expertise.
- Experience in setting up strong systems with related in-built compliance and risk factors taken into account.
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of SAP an advantage, and strong people management skills with a training mindset.
Posted on 11 Jul 10:13