|Get jobs on your |
Job descriptionCoGrammar has also built and scaled its own coding education brand HYPERIONDEV which supports learners from over 40 countries in changing into fulfilling tech careers. We have recently set up on-site physical campuses in Cape Town and Johannesburg and are looking for inspiring, motivated, dynamic educators to lead the delivery of 3-month and 6-month face-to-face coding courses.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our experts have a niche skill-set that is at the intersection of technical coding skills and teaching/mentorship abilities. To work in this role, you must be excited at the prospect of helping the world write better code.You must be passionate not just about coding or technology, but also about introducing new learners to the power and potential of programming. You must feel strongly about improving the quality of coding education, and be highly motivated to see your students succeed, knowing that your work is creating real impact on the lives of your students. (As per our 2018 graduate report, 95% of our graduates are able to reach their career outcomes in the tech sector within 5 months of graduating.)
Apart from teaching students code at our physical campus, you will also get a chance to work with leading coding education providers from around the world to provide expert code review to international students and tech teams. This includes feedback on code quality, structure, efficiency, and conformity to conventions - a much deeper level of review than simply marking the submitted code as 'right' or 'wrong'. Our coding educators progress along a structured growth pathway and receive continuous professional development opportunities to help them specialise in particular software development tracks over time. They also receive opportunities to work with elite partners from around the world on the newest technology stacks, ensuring that they can learn from and work alongside the best in global tech.
As a Coding Educator at CoGrammar, you not only fill out one of the most key roles in our organisation, you "define" what we are. In this role, you will be leading the delivery of face-to-face coding education at our physical campus in Johannesburg or Cape Town. You will support our learners by guiding them on their course content and coding projects, holding group lectures, helping solve student queries, and giving quality feedback on students code on a daily basis. You will be part of a team building the most affordable on-site code-learning experience to remove existing barriers to accessing coding education, and teaching these skills to people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.In this role, a typical day would include some or all of the following:
- Delivering the HyperionDev course content in the form of lectures and tutorial sessions
- Developing lecture content, mini-lessons, presentations on a weekly basis as per a structured learning path and in response to student needs
- Reviewing code solutions submitted by students and providing them comprehensive feedback in line with our specialist code review process
- Overseeing the progress, performance, and journey of your students on a monthly basis all the way to graduation (within 3 months or 6 months of enrolment, depending on the cohort)
- Providing high quality guidance and support to students via face-to-face sessions as well as through chat, emails, online tutorial sessions, and 1:1 calls
- Identifying and implementing new strategies for improving student completion, retention and graduation rates
- Reviewing and updating course content and teaching methods
- Assisting the Education Lead in new strategies for improving the pedagogical processes of our coding bootcamps to improve student completion rates and retention
Company DescriptionCoGrammar integrates scaled and affordable human review of code into businesses around the world. We currently help some of the world’s most selective and rigorous coding education providers lower the cost of technical grading and mentorship in their tech courses. CoGrammar has powered coding education for over 2000 students to date to lower the cost of effective software development education that gets aspiring developers into fulfilling tech careers.
- Holding a degree or diploma in computer science, information systems, information technology, computer science education, or a related field
- One+ year of teaching or tutoring experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A problem-solving and positive attitude
- Functions well independently
- Fast learner, meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to craft, collate and maintain student data for informing pedagogical processes
- Start-up mentality and the desire to see CoGrammar succeed
- An interest in education, particularly coding and tech education.
- One+ year of teaching web development or a core programming language such as Java or Python
- Experience designing and developing interactive learning experiences
- Active involvement in local and international tech communities
- Professional experience in Android, Data Science, or Web Development
- Knowledge of Ruby, DevOps, MERN/MEAN stack.
Posted on 23 Jul 08:32
- Lecturer - Screen Acting, Cape Town, Observatory, AFDA
- HE Lecturer - Distance Mode of Delivery, Stellenbosch
- Wordpress / CMS Freelance Lecturer, Cape Town, City Bowl
- Lecturer - Copywriting, Cape Town, Salt River, Red & Yellow
- Social Media/Content Creator/Photographer, Cape Town, Atlantic Seaboard, Trusted Interns
- Communications/Engagement Coordinator, Cape Town, Observatory, GetSmarter, a brand of 2U, Inc.
- Marketing/Communications Apprentice, Cape Town, Southern suburbs, Trusted Interns
- Communications Practitioner, Stellenbosch, Viv Gordon Placements
- Marketing/Communications Intern, Cape Town
- Communications/Media Manager, Cape town, Southern suburbs