|Location:||Johannesburg, Auckland Park|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
AFDA is inviting applications for the position of IT officer on the Johannesburg campus.
As the IT officer, AFDA is looking for a committed and dedicated professional to manage and run the on-campus IT requirements alongside another IT officer. The applicant should have people and management skills and a thorough knowledge of all IT hardware and software and networking equipment.
The position requires someone who is organised, efficient and computer literate and interacts well with people. The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to embrace AFDA’s unique pedagogy, which is the basis of the interdisciplinary teaching at AFDA.
There is also a strong emphasis on cultural relevance within the teaching, and the need to help the students identify and develop a distinctive African voice to their productions. In this way, we hope to be able to contribute to nation-building and build the foundations for a sustainable local creative industry.Essential duties and related skills include:
Requirements and personal attributes:
- Windows/Mac support and troubleshooting
- Windows server configuration, support and management
- Active directory and group policy configuration, support and management
- Desktop support within enterprise environment
- Software installations. Software troubleshooting.
- Provide preventive and corrective maintenance to onsite IT equipment covering hardware, operating systems and applications
- Printer troubleshooting and support.
- Other miscellaneous hardware.
- Respond to software/hardware-related calls.
- Ensuring that all software updated
- Hardware maintenance
- MCITP/MCSE and CCNA minimum
- A+N+ Certification or equivalent Diploma
- Network support tasks (TCP/IP client settings, etc)
- Strong troubleshooting ability on standard software packages.
- IT Technical working experience of 5 years minimum
- Experience in desktop and network support.
- Windows XP, 7, 8.1 and 10
- MSDOS Knowledge
- Windows Server 2008 and 2012
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- Network Infrastructure Knowledge
- Backup Software
- Asset Registers
- Wi-Fi and Radio Configuration
- Apple MAC (iMac and MacBook)
- Printers (Multifunction)
- Android device setup
- Team work
- A minimum of three years industry experience.
- Knowledge of the entrepreneurial environment.
- Drivers license and own transport essential
- AFDA employs candidates in line with the Employment Equity Act and as such preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from designated groups.
AFDA (The School of the Creative Economy) is the leading school of its kind in South Africa, offering undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in Motion Picture Medium, Live Performance, Business Innovation and Technology. AFDA is a full member of CILECT, the association of the world's major film and television schools. The AFDA values are passion, self discipline, integrity, reliability and humility.
Posted on 20 Oct 12:24, Closing date 12 Dec