- How youth skills training in Kenya can reduce inequality
- Covid-19: What are your rights as an employee?
- Finding the optimistic within the Covid-19 pandemic
|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||To be discussed|
|Location:||Cape Town, Observatory|
|Company:||Time and Labour Consultants|
Job descriptionSTRATEGIC PROJECT MANAGER
Nature of contract | Temp to Perm
This is an exciting opportunity to join our client located in Observatory, Cape Town within the IT education industry. The institution is based nationally with two campuses in Cape Town and one campus in Johannesburg. Our Client is seeking to hire a Strategic Project Manager who will oversee the Project department and assist with research and trends review to ensure that the institution stays in the market with deliverables. This role involves monitoring project plans, schedules, budgets, and expenditures, organizing and participating in stakeholder meetings, and ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely manner.
The successful candidate would be able to work on tight deadlines, be competent in using Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel and have exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills. A Project related qualification as well as at least 3 years of relevant experience is required for consideration.
Key duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Tracking project progress
- Liaising with and building relationships with vendors and stakeholders
- Organizing, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met and determining project changes
- Providing administrative support as needed
- Undertaking project tasks as required
- Developing project strategies
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable
- Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution
- Chair and facilitate meetings where
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective
Qualifications and experience needed:
- Matric/Grade 12
- Marketing/Administration/Project Management qualification
- Minimum of 2 years’ admin experience and Project Management experience
- MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint (Intermediate level)
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent customer service skills
- Great at time management and prioritising
- Planning, coordinating and organising
- Quality and deadline-driven
Should you be interested in the above position, please email your cv and supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Remuneration package offered: To be discussed (depending on experience).
Should you be interested in applying for this position please send your cv to Fidelia, .
- Management skills compulsory
- Communication skills
Posted on 25 Feb 09:22