- How youth skills training in Kenya can reduce inequality
- Covid-19: What are your rights as an employee?
- Finding the optimistic within the Covid-19 pandemic
|Get jobs on your |
Front-Desk Receptionist/Admissions Officer
|Remuneration:||R10000 per month To be discussed|
|Location:||Cape Town, Observatory|
|Company:||Time and Labour Consultants|
Nature of contract: Fixed term-temp to perm
Our client in the education industry seeks a punctual, friendly and well organised front desk receptionist/administrator that thrives in increasing efficiency and executes smooth operations at the front desk and in the office.
The Receptionist is responsible for portraying a professional image either by phone or in-person with students, clients, suppliers, staff, facilitators and all other stakeholders. This position is critical to the institution and the fulfilment of the duties and responsibilities contribute to its overall success. The role reports directly to the campus manager and works closely with all other campus staff. In addition to this, the role embodies the vision, mission and purpose of the institution.
The role will require excellent language skills, advanced computer skills and must be able to contain any situation at the receptionist desk. The ideal candidate would be able to work under pressure be able to deal with all personality types, approachable, welcoming and friendly.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties but not limited to:
- Managing front desk effectively: Welcome clients as they arrive and offering beverages, call screening and walk-in screening, opening and closing of doors, provide office support services in order to ensure efficiency and effectiveness, report when the phone is not working and any other incidents, Keeping the workplace clean and tidy and returning files or books when not in use.
- Telephone and switchboard: Manage the switchboard in an efficient, effective, courteous and prompt manner, respond to public inquiries and direct appropriately, calling students who have not come to class as communicated by the facilitators/client/sponsor and inform parents, distribute messages promptly, screen and direct all calls to relevant staff members.
- Administration: Keep all lists of staff members and contact details are kept up to date, sending attendance registers to clients or sponsors, ordering of lunches for students and drafting up types of lunch assist with basic accounting, book calendars for staff, registering learners and ensuring that all supporting documentation is in place, following up with the learners who do not attend classes, provide typing and other administrative support as delegated by the head of campus.
- Two to three years’ experience in a similar role.
- Minimum of two to three years in reception/admin/customer service.
- Fluent languages in English and Afrikaans, a third language would be advantageous.
- Relevant diploma or qualification in a similar field.
Should you be interested in this position, please send your cv to Fidelia, .
Posted on 25 Feb 09:18