- New senior public managers to complete mandatory course via NSG
- Is the world ready for global natural disasters?
- Don't mince your words when making payment holiday requests
|Get jobs on your |
Sales Agent/Student Consultant
|Remuneration:||R7500 per month Basic plus commission|
|Location:||Cape Town, Gardens|
Job descriptionBe part of a small sales team advising potential students over the phone, email or instant chat. We are offering international professional business and finance courses and your job is to help students select the right course and help them get started. Yes, it's a sales position, but we're in the business of enhancing lives and enriching people's careers, so we don't think of it as selling but rather advising and helping. Your job is to help people take that next step to growing their careers.
Your primary function is to answer the phone and emails from potential students who want to know more about our business and finance courses, to consult with the student and finalise their purchase. Your daily tasks consist of follow-up calls, emails, face-to-face consulting and answering student queries.
I know this sounds like a really nice job and a fun place to work but do the self-check before you apply. We want this to end well so be sure you understand who we are looking for.
Self-check questions: Do you love engaging with people? Even the confused ones, the soft-spoken ones, the aggressive ones, the angry ones, the lonely ones and the needy ones? Have you been told you explain things really well? Are your emails really clear and well-written? If you answered yes to all these questions, please go ahead and send us your CV and short motivation letter.
- Keep it to a maximum of four pages or it will be too long to read.
- Start with your current position at the top in your 'work experience' section.
- Always state your reason for leaving a previous job.
- State duration or length of employment in each position so I don't have to work it out.
- Your letter must highlight any experience that is relevant to the position you're applying for.
- Try to avoid telling me that you're passionate and hard working. I'll just assume that. Rather tell me what you're really good at. What is your special skill? Tell me what your current boss or colleagues say about you.
- Spelling and grammatical errors will be frowned upon.
Company DescriptionWe are a small-to-medium sized national company based in Cape Town. We specialise in business and finance qualifications which we deliver online via distance or in classrooms across SA. We are a great company that offers richly-rewarding experiences to talented professionals. We enhance careers and enrich lives.
- You’ve got to have experience consulting with people, preferably over the phone and email
- You’ve got to be engaging. If you don’t know what this means, then you’re probably not that engaging
- You’ve got to be bright with an inquiring mind, yet patient with people who don’t know what you know
- You’ve got to have a proven track record of making targets
- You’ve got to be able to sit down and get the work done
- You’ve got to be able to work hard, really hard and want to grow
- Matric or more
- Five years' sales/consulting experience
- Know a bit about education, accounting and part-time studying
- If you have a financial qualification, that will be amazing
- If you can touch type while speaking on a headset, it will really set you apart!
Posted on 17 Feb 08:42