|Get jobs on your |
Critical Thinking/Media Studies Lecturer - Independent Contractor
|Company:||Vega School - Pretoria Campus|
Applications accepted until: 9 February 2020
Number of openings: 1
Campus/business unit: Vega School - Pretoria Campus
Direct reporting line: Vice-Principal - Academic
- Lecturing of critical thinking and media studies modules.
- Marking of assessments and providing thorough constructive feedback.
- Participation in the moderation process.
- Intentional academic student support to ensure the academic success of students.
Honours degree or postgraduate diploma in communication and media studies or social sciences (must have completed media-related modules).
- Critical studies encourages students to think critically, argue, understand and mould messages.
- Successful incumbent facilitates the use of critical argument and academic rhetoric from a sociological perspective to guide students to interrogate how popular media presents theories regarding social dynamics.
- This module focuses on 'media studies'.
- Computer literacy essential, experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required for academic administration and delivery.
- knowledge in image, sound or video editing software an advantage.
- Must have experience in either media studies, social studies, gender studies or philosophy at postgraduate level.
- Preparation and lecturing as per the module guide.
- Teaching curriculum outcomes as per contract hours and stipulated per pre-agreed timetable.
- Briefing students for assignments and providing feedback.
- Marking assessments and providing feedback.
- Presenting class marks and feedback to the programme managers.
- Actively engaging with current trends in teaching and learning strategies within The IIE Vega environment.
Preferably equity candidate.
Should your application be successful we will contact you within two weeks of applying.
Posted on 06 Feb 11:54