|Get jobs on your |
Head of School for Television
|Location:||Cape Town, Observatory|
Job Position: Cape Town Campus
Reporting to: Campus Dean
Based on experience
Afda, 41 Frost Avenue, Johannesburg
Private Higher Education
1 February 2020
Afda (The School of the Creative Economy) is the leading school of its kind in South Africa, offering undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in Motion Picture Medium, Live Performance, Business Innovation and Technology. Afda is a full member of CILECT, the association of the world's major film and television schools. The values are passion, self discipline, integrity, reliability and humility.
Afda is inviting applications for the position of Head of School for Television.
Responsible for leading the undergraduate Television department. To oversee the implementation of strategic policies and continually assess the performance of the department and its staff members. Mangement of the department budgets and expenditures.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Overall effective management, administration and running of the Television School.
- Overseeing the quality and standard of the academic process.
- Teaching the television students
- Effective management of the Television studio
- Liaising with the Heads of the Film, Live Performance and Post Graduate Schools, as well as with other HOS on our sister Campuses.
- Staff and team management
- Timetable scheduling
- Oversee general programme administration and operations functions through liaising with Registrar, Student Affairs, Research Centre staff, Finance Department and Human Resources.
- Liaising with the Marketing Department to assist with student recruitment, interviews, RPL assessment and Open Days.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual budget and resource management.
- Report to Campus Dean.
- Prepare quarterly report on key programme management statistics and student success.
- Supervise curriculum development and implementation
- Contribute to policy development and maintain accreditation and other statutory requirements.
- Weekly meetings, administration, planning and general management of the Television School.
- Establish good working relations and communication with key departments such as other Course Directors for other Afda programmes, the Operations department, Registry, Institutional Senate, EVA, Human Resources, Finance and the Marketing department.
- Stimulate staff and student research.
- Oversee student learning and its assessment.
- Ensure accuracy and timeous delivery of marks and stats to the Registry.
- Recruit, lead, train and supervise lecturers in the various Television school disciplines.
- Budget and resource administration, planning and management.
- Represent Afda and the Televisions School to internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong leadership ability
- Passion for the education, Television production, and for the arts
- Proactive management style; ability to delegate successfully and effectively
- Committed to excellence in education, alignment to Afda’s goals and academic vision
- Experience in academic management and lecturing on degree level
- Administrative accuracy
- Industry experience, and extensive industry and academic network
- A strong knowledge of the subject area combined with a broad subject background enabling contributions to teaching programmes
- Master's or other relevant degree
- Established work experience in tertiary education.
- Industry and/or knowledge of the Film/Television and/or Performance industries
Closing date: 6 January 2020
Applications must be submitted by email to Shana-lee Turner by the closing date. Applicants wishing to apply for this position are required to submit:
- A letter of application and motivation, concisely detailing his/her suitability for the position.
- A comprehensive and up to date curriculum vitae.
Posted on 10 Dec 13:55