- TGCSA, IHS partner with Summit to upskill hospitality graded establishments
- 5 leadership lessons from key events during 2019
- BizTrendsLIVE!2020 speakers announced and booking open
|Get jobs on your |
Interior Design lecturer
|Remuneration:||negotiable Basic salary|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Potchefstroom Academy is seeking an interior design lecturer. The successful candidate will be responsible for classroom and asynchronous teaching of a high standard to enrolled students. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Joint responsibility for delivery and ongoing development of the subjects taught within the department and/or Institution.
- Present, manage, develop and expand subject matter pertaining to department teaching content and/or teaching methods.
- Facilitate alignment of assessment with the objectives of the academic programme.
- Assess student performance and provide feedback
- Facilitation of translation of theory into practice
- Relevant diploma or degree, in interior design
- Minimum of three years' relevant industry experience
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated extreme proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit
- Ability to ensure consistency in content, clarity, and appropriateness for intended audiences.
- Solid Interior Design knowledge with industry experience in space planning, ergonomics, use of building and finishing materials, understanding structural building components. Presentation techniques, both verbally and by means of digital media.
- Efficient use of AutoCAD software that includes: accurate positioning, working with parameters, creating and editing blocks, template creation, advanced layouts, creating new styles, working with external references (X-refs), AutoCAD 3D
- Revit skills requirements: creating complex filled regions, area plans; create new family components, details, and design options; set up conceptual models, understanding basic terms of interface, create new materials and rending in cloud to enhance quality, lighting and details in 3D models.
- Strong administrative skills and time management skills
- Excellent written English and Afrikaans including good spelling and grammar
- Highly organised
- Good interpersonal skills
- Pay special attention to detail
- Be accurate and diligent
- Able to work under pressure
- Crisis management.
018 294 9000
Posted on 13 Nov 07:40