|Get jobs on your |
Interior Design Technology Lecturer
|Company:||Vega School - Cape Town Campus|
Job descriptionInterior Design Technology Lecturer - Independent Contractor (January 2020 to July 2020) - IDT2LI01
Applications accepted until: 2019-11-22
Number of openings: Two
Campus/business unit: Vega School - Cape Town Campus
Direct reporting line: Vice principal - academic
Lecturing and academic delivery to ensure students are guided and supported in their learning to achieve module outcomes.
- BA Honours in Interior Design (NQF 8) or
- BSc Honours in Interior Architecture (NQF 8) or
- MTech in Interior Design (NQF 9) or
- MA in Interior Design (NQF 9) or
- M (Int) Prof (NQF 9) or
- M (Int) by research (NQF 9) or
- MTech in Architecture (NQF 9) or
- M (Arch) Prof (NQF 9) or
- MA in Design (UJ- Interior design specialization) (NQF 9) or
- PhD (Architecture) (NQF 10) or
- PhD (Interior Architecture) (NQF 10) or
- Post Graduate Diploma in Higher Education (NQF level 8) with an undergraduate qualification in the field of Interior design/architecture or Architecture.
- For Interior Design Technology 1, the successful incumbent must be proficient in SketchUp.
- For Interior Design Technology 2A, the successful incumbent must be proficient in AutoCAD.
- Interior design/interior architecture/architecture studio experience
- Recommended: Lecturing experience
- Portfolio required to show an example of work
RequirementsKey performance area:
- Deliver the module in such a manner as to achieve the stated subject outcomes within the assigned contact hours.
- The assessment of student work within the stipulated marking and moderation cycle and provide constructive feedback to students and reporting any students concerns to the student relations coordinator.
- Class preparation and development of lesson plans in a constructivist learning approach.
- Proactively participates in Vega events, such as Open Days, Graduation and others.
- Arrange for the appropriate guest lecturer to support application to the world of work.
- Operate in line with The Independent Institute of Education's (The IIE) policies.
- Campus Environment
- Preferably equity candidate.
Please note that only candidates who meet the requirements will be considered for this role. Only successful candidates will be contacted within two weeks of applying. If you have not heard from us within two weeks of applying consider your application unsuccessful.
Posted on 21 Oct 15:32
Get job alerts for Lecturer jobs
- HE Lecturer - Distance Mode of Delivery, Cape Town, Stellenbosch
- Programming Lecturer, Cape Town
- Critical Thinking/Media Studies Lecturer, Cape Town, The Working Earth
- Game Development/Open Source Coding Lecturer, Cape Town, The Working Earth
- Architectural Draughting Lecturer, Cape Town, The Working Earth
- Lecturer in Multimedia, Stellenbosch, Techno Park
- Communications Strategist, Cape Town, Stellenbosch