- Education initiatives can transform CSI into social justice
- Companies need to ask themselves: can innovation be taught?
- Tech-savvy youth could change the cyber security landscape
|Get jobs on your |
|Location:||Johannesburg, Auckland Park|
Afda (The School of the Creative Economy) is the leading school of its kind in South Africa, offering undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in Motion Picture Medium, Live Performance, Business Innovation and Technology.
Afda is a full member of CILECT, the association of the world's major film and television schools.
Applications are invited for the position of:
Film School Sound Lecturer.
As the Discipline Lecturer for Sound Film Department, AFDA is looking for a committed and dedicated professional to lecture, assess and provide support to undergraduate students. The position requires someone with drive and initiative who is able to motivate students and guide them into the world of Sound. The candidate needs to demonstrate a willingness to embrace AFDA’s unique pedagogy which is the basis of the interdisciplinary teaching at Afda. There is also a strong emphasis on cultural relevance within the teaching, and the need to help the students identify and develop their own distinctive voice for their productions. In this way, we hope to be able to contribute to nation building and build the foundations for a sustainable African film industry.
Key Areas of Competency:
- Lecturing second- and third-year degree students depending on qualification
- Assessment of written and practical work across the Undergraduate school
- Conducting student consultations and reflective meetings
- Preparing content and lesson plans for each term
- Assessment registration for a term’s assessments
- Working with counter-parts to ensure parity across all campuses on term outcomes
- Attendance registers and class management administration
- Mark Treatments and other assignments submitted once a term
- Take part in Final Pre-Prod, Final Review and VALA panels
- Keeping of academic records and statutory requirements
- Help at-risk students with Academic Development
- Relevant honours or master’s degree in Film, Television, Live Performance and/or Media Studies
- At least three years’ experience in the film and entertainment industry
- Experience in all areas of post-production audio in the film industry (stereo and 5.1 mixing, ADRrecording and editing, SFX editing and foley- recording, creation and editing).
- Experience in fictional live action and animation sound for film.
- Experience in on-set recording/boom operating for fiction film using the Sound Device 722, 744Tand 633 digital recorders.
- Computer literacy and Administrative Skills
- Knowledge of Pro Tools 12.7 and Pro Tools 12.7 HDX and plug-ins.
- Highly developed organizational and people management skills
- A meticulous and thorough nature
- An ability to work to tight deadlines
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Loyalty and a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to implement the AFDA curriculum processes.
- Adherence and positive contribution to company culture.
- Honest and trustworthy – committed to high integrity of excellence.
- Culturally aware and sensitive.
- Sound work ethics.
- Focus, passion, self-discipline.
- a CV (no certificates)
- email and telephone contact details
- three contactable references
Type: Full-time fixed-term contract
Campus location: Auckland Park, Johannesburg
Start date: August 2019
Salary: Negotiable on experience and appropriate qualification.
Posted on 19 Jun 10:52