- What every graduate needs to know about networking for success
- What are transport services "rendered by the employer"? Sars clarifies...
- Project management 2.0 - introducing the delivery leader
|Get jobs on your |
|Location:||Cape Town, Observatory|
Afda (The School of the Creative Economy) is the leading school-of-its-kind in South Africa, offering undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in Motion Picture Medium, Live Performance, Business Innovation and Technology. Afda is a full member of CILECT, the association of the world's major film and television schools.
Applications are invited for the position of: Lecturer – in Editing and Data and Grading.
As the Discipline Lecturer for Editing, Afda is looking for a committed and dedicated industry professional to lecture and provide support to undergraduate students in the disciplines of undergraduate Picture Editing and Data and Grading.
The position requires someone with drive and initiative who is able to motivate students and guide them into the world of editing for the screen. The candidate needs to demonstrate a willingness to embrace Afda’s unique pedagogy which is the basis of the interdisciplinary teaching at AFDA. There is also a strong emphasis on cultural relevance within the teaching and the need to help the students identify and develop a distinctive African voice to their films. In this way, we hope to be able to contribute to nation building and build the foundations for a sustainable local film industry.
The following duties will be expected to be fulfilled
- Lecturing first and second-year undergraduate degree film students
- To train first and second-year students to use Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- Technical support to the students
- Basic edit lab/server content maintenance
- Review and feedback of rough cuts and oversee the entire edit to picture-lock
- Conducting student consultations and reflective meetings
- Preparing content and lesson plans for each term
- Preparing the assessment register for each term and conducting all marking to the accepted rubric.
- Adhering to and participating in the creation of parity across all campuses on term outcomes
- Keeping attendance registers and class management administration
- Timetable planning
- Curriculum development
- Relevant experience in the film and entertainment industry
- Relevant Honours degree or higher in Film and/or Media Studies with specialization in editing.
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro CC and Da-Vinci Resolve 14.5 ; Shotput Pro
- Knowledge of advanced video codec’s such as Pro Res 422 ; 4444 ; 4444XQ
- Ability to teach basic data wrangling and grading at a 1st year intro-level
- Knowledge of various HDD formats
- Ability to convey on-set data wrangling protocols and etiquette
- Advanced knowledge of DSLR workflow and data capture
- Basic knowledge of After Effects, Audition, Nuendo, Photoshop.
- Experience in both on line and offline editing non-linear editing
- Experience of an Apple-Mac work environment
- Knowledge of video compression and post production workflow
- Knowledge of story structure, film history, theory and academic writing
- Highly developed organizational skills
- Maturity to handle a range of situations
- A meticulous and thorough nature
- An ability to work to tight deadlines
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Loyalty and a high level of confidentiality
- Honest and trustworthy – committed to high integrity and excellence.
- Culturally and Socially aware.
- a CV (no certificates)
- email and telephone contact details
- 3 references
Salary: Dependent on experience
Contract Type: Fixed Term contract (Full time)
Campus location: Observatory, Cape Town
Start: 24 June 2019
Work Hours: Monday to Friday: 8.30am – 5pm
Occasional open days and special film festival events.
Posted on 26 Apr 10:07
- Higher Education Lecturers, Stellenbosch, Stellenbosch
- Lecturer - Chemistry/Polymer Science, Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Ayanda Mbanga - Redefining Success
- Part-time Lecturers - Art Direction/Graphic Design/Multimedia, Stellenbosch, Techno Park
- Photographers/Videographers, Cape Town, De Waterkant
- Internal Communications/Events Senior Manager, Cape Town, Observatory, GetSmarter