|Get jobs on your |
Lecturer - Interaction Design
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Job descriptionWHAT IS INTERACTION DESIGN AT OPEN WINDOW?
Interaction Design is part of the growing and cutting edge School of Creative Technologies at Open Window.
Interaction Design is a specialisation unique to the digital age focused on designing user interfaces for all manner of digital products, systems, and services. This includes anything from interactive applications for mobile devices and websites to more complex interactive systems for smart homes and business. The course at Open Window is characterised by a strong user-centred design philosophy and digital workflow focus. Students are facilitated in conceptualising and delivering high-end digital solutions that are intuitive, user-friendly and pleasurable! We are looking to grow our team and develop the subject even further.
Responsiblities and duties:
- Teach at an undergraduate level in the subject Interaction Design, develop course content.
- Provide course notes, mentor students, conduct formative and summative assessments and record and finalise student achievements within the subject.
- Attend and participate in Open Window related events;
- Participation in strategic initiatives related to teaching, creative production, research, and social engagement.
- Facilitate in the ongoing growth and development of Interaction Design at The Open Window;
- Potential involvement in the new B2B developments
Minimum qualification: NQF Level 8 (honours degree or equivalent) or higher - in the field of Interaction Design, Digital Design or related fields
- A portfolio featuring examples of Interaction Design work.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s overall experience as communicated through the application in relation to Open Window’s policies and procedures. No additional benefits are on offer other than a Retirement Annuity which Open Window pays for outside of your remuneration package.
In support of the company’s Employment Equity Plan, applicants from designated groups are encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 31 April 2019
Company DescriptionThe Open Window (OW) is an accredited private education institution recognised for setting innovative standards in the visual arts and digital sciences. Founded in 1994 with a focus on providing a unique tertiary platform where practice-led tuition links traditional fine art practice with the applied arts, we place emphasis in ongoing innovation to curricula in consideration of the rapidly evolving creative arts industries.
Open Window lecturers, in addition to their academic roles, are actively engaged in creative practice. Our investment in highly qualified and industry relevant staff is deemed critical in directing our students in work-integrated learning projects of value. The School of Creative Technologies seeks to appoint a lecturer in a permanent post to lecture Interaction Design in the BA Interaction Design Degree programme as well as facilitate the new content creation and delivery in the same field for short courses and certificates in our newly developing B2B department. The successful candidate will join enthusiastic academics and professionals in Open Window’s School of Creative Technologies – an interdisciplinary school including Interactive Development and 3D Design.
- Display strong conceptual considerations and practical experience in interaction design disciplines.
- Excellent design skills and conceptual ability
- In-depth general knowledge of the field of Human-Computer Interaction (HCI)
- In-depth general knowledge of the field of User Experience and User Interface Design
- Skills and experience in Interaction Design and current trends in the industry
- Excellent knowledge of digital technology, software, and applications
- A progressive attitude in the field of Interactive Design and a willingness to see the field develop from an education perspective
- Ability to develop students' conceptual thinking
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Developed interpersonal skills
- Good language and communication skills
- Practice/work experience in Interaction Design related fields
- Experience in lecturing at tertiary level
- Experience in developing curriculum
Posted on 08 Apr 09:41
- Freelance - Training Facilitators/Lecturers, Johannesburg, Red & Yellow
- Graphic Design Lecturer/Programme Coordinator, Johannesburg, Braamfontein
- Information Systems Lecturers, Johannesburg, Braamfontein
- Interactive Development Lecturer/Subject Manager, Pretoria, Centurion Highveld
- Part-Time Scriptwriting Lecturer, Johannesburg, Maboneng
- Music Performance Lecturer, Johannesburg, Auckland Park, AFDA
- Costume Make-Up/Styling Lecturer, Johannesburg, Auckland Park, AFDA
- Digital Communications Strategist, Johannesburg, Randburg Ferndale
- Stakeholder/Communications Senior Officer, Johannesburg