|Get jobs on your |
|Location:||Johannesburg, Auckland Park|
Afda (The South African School of Motion Picture Medium and Live Performance) is the leading film school in South Africa, and a full member of CILECT, the association of the world's major film and television schools. The Afda values are passion, self discipline, integrity, reliability and humility.
Applications are invited for the position of:
Television writing lecturer.
As the discipline lecturer for writing in the television department, Afda is looking for a committed and dedicated professional to lecture, assess and provide support to undergraduate students. The position requires someone with drive and initiative who is able to motivate students and guide them into the world of writing. The candidate needs to demonstrate a willingness to embrace Afda's unique pedagogy which is the basis of the interdisciplinary teaching at Afda. There is also a strong emphasis on cultural relevance within the teaching, and the need to help the students identify and develop their own distinctive voice for their productions. In this way, we hope to be able to contribute to nation building and build the foundations for a sustainable African film industry.
Key areas of competency:
- Lecturing 1st, 2nd and 3rd year degree students depending on qualification
- Assessment of written and practical work across the Undergraduate school
- Conducting student consultations and reflective meetings
- Preparing content and lesson plans for each term
- Assessment registration for a term’s assessments
- Working with counterparts to ensure parity across all campuses on term outcomes
- Attendance registers and class management administration
- Mark Treatments and other assignments submitted once a term.
- Take part in Final Pre-Prod, Final Review and VALA panels.
- Keeping of academic records and statutory requirements.
- Help at-risk students with academic development.
- Relevant Honor’s or Master’s degree in Film, television, live performance and/or media studies
- At least three years’ experience in the film and entertainment industry
- Experience in factual TV writing (shows, reality, documentaries)
- Experience in fictional TV writing an advantage (daily dramas)
- Computer literacy and administrative skills
- Highly developed organisational and people management skills
- A meticulous and thorough nature
- An ability to work to tight deadlines
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Loyalty and a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to implement the AFDA curriculum processes
- Adherence and positive contribution to company culture
- Honest and trustworthy – committed to high integrity of excellence
- Culturally aware and sensitive
- Sound work ethics
- Focus, passion, self-discipline
- Three CV (no certificates)
- Email and telephone contact details
- Three contactable references
Type: Full-time fixed-term contract
Campus location: Auckland Park, Johannesburg
Start date: January 2019
Salary: Negotiable on experience and appropriate qualification.
Posted on 03 Dec 15:37
Get job alerts for Lecturer jobs
- Production Course Lecturer - Researcher, Johannesburg, Auckland Park, AFDA
- Research Lecturer, Johannesburg, Auckland Park, AFDA
- Sound Lecturer, Johannesburg, Auckland Park, AFDA
- Junior Colour Grading/Data Management Lecturer, Johannesburg, Auckland Park, AFDA
- Junior Film Directing Lecturer, Johannesburg, Auckland Park, AFDA
- Cinematography Lecturer, Johannesburg, Auckland Park, AFDA
- Junior Cinematography Lecturer, Johannesburg, Auckland Park, AFDA
- Part-Time Lecturers, Johannesburg, Various
- Interactive Development Lecturer/Subject Manager, Pretoria, Centurion Highveld
- Animation Head of Discipline, Johannesburg, Auckland Park, AFDA