|Get jobs on your |
|Location:||Cape Town, Gardens|
Job descriptionSupervise, manage and maintain the full Accounting function and statutory obligations for three design driven and successful companies. Strong leadership skills are required to provide a solid base of knowledge and guidance to the Finance team. Sound knowledge and experience is required in order to take ownership and accountability for the organisations accounting functions.
Responsibilities/Key Accountabilities and Results Areas
- Pastel Processing up to Trial Balance.
- Prepare monthly TB, balance sheet and income statement.
- Prepare the month end Management Accounts.
- Preparation and review of monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Calculate month end accruals and provisions.
- Balancing of Inter Company Loan accounts and monitoring of interest charges.
- Accounting for Forex/Loss Gains on monthly basis.
- VAT reporting and reconciling. Submission to SARS.
- Review fixed asset register and book monthly depreciation.
- Oversees the Payroll Administrator and assists if required.
- Oversees the Creditors and Debtors clerk to ensure accurate capturing of Pastel tasks.
- Oversees the bookkeeper to ensure accurate capturing of Pastel tasks and reconciliations.
- Analyse supplier accounts to ensure accurate balances and allocations.
- Review and maintain insurances.
- Oversees the processing of batch payments.
- Preparing year-end adjustments and facilitating annual audit.
- Assisting in budget preparation.
- Implementing financial processes to assist in efficient work flows.
- Cash flow reporting and management.
- Collaborates with the FD to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Support the FD with Special projects and staff training as well as general daily operational requirements.
- Developing external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors/banks etc.
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial and company legislation and regulations.
- B.Com degree in Accounting with minimum eight years’ experience.
- Senior Level Accounting Experience
- Strong computer skills with exceptional knowledge of Pastel Partner and VIP Payroll
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work without supervision and to take initiative in response to instruction
- Strong Leadership ability
- Able to manage sensitive and confidential information
- Honest and Ethical
- Positive and Flexible attitude
Posted on 03 Apr 12:31