|Get jobs on your |
|Location:||Cape Town, Gardens, CBD|
Job descriptionWe are looking for a skilled maintenance worker to perform upkeep tasks such as repairs and cleaning.
You will be responsible for applying basic fixes to equipment and building systems and ensure facilities are tidy and functional.
Being reliable with a keen eye for detail is the first step to getting this job. The ideal candidate will have experience and solid technical knowledge.
You must also possess manual dexterity and physical stamina and be able to work the occasional weekends.
- Perform minor fixes such as repairing broken locks, filling gaps on walls etc.
- Check control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues
- Install appliances and equipment
- Perform cleaning activities such as mopping, dusting etc.
- Do garden/yard upkeep, collecting trash etc.
- Conduct maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and systems (e.g. ventilation)
- Check functionality of safety systems (e.g. fire alarm)
- Collaborate with workers and other professionals during renovations
- Grocery shopping when required
- Running of errands, Dropping off and picking up packages for the business
- Report to a facilities or maintenance manager for issues
- Proven experience in similar position
- Basic knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems
- Experience using hand and electrical tools
- Ability to read technical manuals and drawings
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills (Written and Verbal)
- Physical stamina and dexterity
- Microsoft Office Knowledge in Word, Excel and Outlook
Posted on 14 Mar 15:24