Assistant Store Manager
|Remuneration:||negotiable market-related |
|Location:||Cape Town, Stellenbosch|
|Remote work:||Not Applicable|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Company:||Mambo's Storage & Home|
Tickled pink at what we have in store for you
Thrive on the opportunities that one of the country’s fastest leading and growing plastics and household retailers has to offer at our stores in Somerset West. Join Mambos for a challenging, yet rewarding career in the retail industry.
Our store managers are the leaders of our organization. As a member of the management team you’ll be responsible for coaching and guiding shop assistants to ensure we achieve our mission to provide a world-class shopping experience to our customer as well as ensuring the professional growth and development of your team. You’ll be challenged to manage the daily operations of one of our star retail stores. Our managers are entrepreneurs, innovators, role models and coaches who drive results, bring the Mambo’s way to life in our stores, and ultimately support the continuing success and growth of the Mambo’s brand.
Duties and responsibilities
- To meet store sales targets and deliver fantastic customer service whilst effectively planning, organizing and controlling all operations of a retail store in accordance with the Company’s standards and procedures.
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing, mentoring, and leading staff.
- Enforcing and implementing AWESOME customer service to give customer a WOW experience.
- Attend to unique and individual shopping needs of each customer and always put the customer first.
- Develop, motivate and inspire respective teams in an enthusiastic manner.
- Maintains store staff job results by recruiting, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Authorise all work schedules (including but not limited to work, break and leave).
- Ensure continuous training and development of all staff, and consistently carrying out training.
- Scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results
- Handle customer complaints in a calm and professional manner
- Managing and controlling all daily store operations to maximize sales turnover whilst keeping stores expenses within allocated budgets and stock management.
- Managing and controlling all daily store operations including stores expenses within allocated budgets and stock management to maximise sales turnover.
- Minimise all controllable expenses and costs.
- Protect company assets and minimise all shrinkage, damages and theft.
- Executing of physical plans/ actions to achieve desired sales results and sales turnover, including motivating staff to do so.
- Retain records of all stock and financial transactions.
- Conduct floor walks daily and initiate warehouse and/or overstock replenishments and face-ups.
- Implement, monitor and enforce all SOP’s.
- Maintaining company merchandise and housekeeping standards.
- Coordinate and manage all key service providers in line with company expectations (including but not limited to guarding, security, cleaning and logistics)
- Enforce effective and efficient implementation of all sales promotions (Including but not limited to road shows, centre management liaising etc ).
- Identify marketing opportunities and communicate to all relevant parties
- Ensure promotions are executed timeously and execution is planned in advance.
- Grade 12
- Relevant business/admin qualification – retail management diploma or degree would be advantageous
- Four+ years retail experience with administrative and people management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly organised with the ability to adapt quickly to change
- An excellent understanding of retail
- Proficiency in stock management, cost control and cost management
- Genuine interest in the Mambos brand and products
- Ability and willingness to work weekends and extended retail hours
- Own transport
Posted on 09 May 16:14, Closing date 8 Jul