|Get jobs on your |
Personal Assistant/Retail Store Assistant
|Remuneration:||R9000 - R15000 per month Cost to company|
|Location:||Cape Town, CBD|
|Job level:||Management Jnr-Mid|
Job descriptionBordallo Pinheiro, an iconic Portuguese ceramics brand, has opened its first retail store in South Africa! Bordallo Pinheiro also operates an online store and a wholesale business.
We are looking for a friendly and competent individual as a personal assistant to the business owners. The position will be based in store and the successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day running of the store, fulfilling in store, online & wholesale orders as well as assisting the owners with placing orders, communicating with clients, arranging sales events, plus any other requirements as they arise.
A retail background is not essential. Rather a friendly, positive and helpful nature. Some experience in a personal assistant/executive assistant role is required.
The role offers the opportunity for someone looking for something more than just a personal assistant or retail role. As the business is starting out, the candidate will have the opportunity to help with all aspects of the business and be a support and assistant to the owners.
Company DescriptionOn a tree-lined side street on the outskirts of Caldas da Rainha, 75km north of Lisbon, lies the home of Portuguese ceramics brand Bordallo Pinheiro.
Founded in 1884 by Raphael Bordallo Pinheiro, renowned Portuguese journalist, caricaturist and sculptor. He was known for producing nature-inspired earthenware that invoked the beauty of imagination, creativity, humour, and social consciousness.
Bordallo began his ceramics production at the Fábrica de Faianças in Caldas, creating pieces of great technical, artistic and creative quality. He produced bold pieces, either by their size or by the delicacy of their details. Bordallo Pinheiro is steeped in heritage and continues to produce a range of ceramic designs that have stood the test of time.
Virtually all of the pieces are handcrafted and produced with little mechanisation using traditional techniques that have been passed down through generations of ceramic artists. Adopting fauna and flora as decorative inspiration, the pieces are quirky and colourful and display a whimsical exuberance.
The products give life to any table and can be used in various environments, both formal and casual, and include complete dinner sets, centrepieces and other decorative figures and giftware.
The Bordallo Pinheiro brand is an innovative and design-driven company and has in recent years, become associated with renowned national and international artists in the creation of contemporary pieces, inspired by the original works of Bordallo. Adopting a modern and entrepreneurial approach, Bordallo Pinheiro plays an essential role in the revitalization of Portuguese ceramics.
A selection of these extraordinary pieces is now available locally in South Africa via an online and retail store.
Bordallo Pinheiro is excited to announce the opening of its first store in South Africa, located on Bree Street in Cape Town. The store will be the latest addition to its flagship store locations in Lisbon, Paris and Madrid.
The owners operate a number of businesses and are looking for an individual to assist them in the operation of the retail store, but also with other aspects of their personal and business lives.
RequirementsMain responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Managing all aspects of the trading of the store.
- Ensuring that the standards of the store, merchandise and personnel appearance reflect the professional image of the company.
- Ensuring sales targets are managed in terms of sales, expenses and profit.
- Maintain excellent merchandising standards and stock management.
- Placing orders, managing stock and capturing & reconciling invoices.
- Carrying out stock takes.
- Assisting the owners to implement marketing and merchandising in-store and online.
- Wholesale orders: invoicing, processing and order preparation.
- Online orders: processing and order preparation.
- Customer service and sales: build customer relations and resolve customer queries both in-store and online.
- Other ad hoc personal assistant responsibilities.
- Various other duties as and when reasonably required.
- Matric exemption.
- Experience as a personal assistant.
- Retail, sales, marketing and business experience will be beneficial.
- An interest in décor and design.
- Strong computer literacy skills.
- Strong administrative, organisational and numeracy skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: friendly, dynamic, helpful and people centric.
- Driven and self-motivated: proactive, shows initiative and willing to help.
- Decision making: make quick and effective decisions.
Posted on 13 Jan 09:56