|Get jobs on your |
Senior Interior Designer/Project Manager
|Company:||Weylandts Home Outfitters|
Turning empty spaces into living spaces.
Weylandts Spaces is the interior design and concept division of Weylandts – the leading luxury furniture and homeware retailer in South Africa. We conceptualise and develop a unique design vision in line with each client’s brief and unique needs, utilising the expertise within Weylandts Spaces. We also tap into the talent and know-how of artisans and brands within our global network who create tailor-made furniture pieces and decor items as needed. Operating under the guidance of Chris Weylandt, our skilled interiors team has a wealth of experience across a wide range of domestic, hospitality, corporate and leisure interior projects.
We now seek a senior interior designer/project manager. Working with the business development team to project manage the design/renovation required, this person will perform professional and technical work including planning, designing, and drafting of detailed specifications by the client. Management of a small design team will be a key component of the role.
- Develop Initial brief to client-approved status
- Managing client relationships , contracts, costings and budgets
- Development of design and develop it to reality through production of floor plans and internal spatial layouts. Coordinate fabric and finishes presentations; Execute and manage furniture drawings, bespoke product with sufficient technical details for manufacture
- Oversee and manage manufacture of furniture, with regular supplier visits. Ensure quality controlled and that furniture is up to standard and correctly manufactured for sign off
- Facilitate and manage site meetings with contractors and specialist suppliers
- Develop and manage project program to ensure that project runs according to schedule and adheres to completion date
- Continuously stay informed about trends, designs, designers and furniture pieces. Continue to build up knowledge base
- Maintain and develop supplier relationships
- Degree in interior design/interior architecture or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of design software e.g. AutoCAD, SketchUp (or similar 3D software) and Photoshop
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in interior design firm, architectural firm or architectural department of large company with in-house facilities management to include all phases of interior design, including drafting, detailing, scheduling, and assisting with the coordination of contractors
- Five years of people management experience
- Must have experience in senior project management/interior design role (five years)
- Passion for interior décor and design with strong project management skills
- Creative and passionate about the Weylandts brand
- MS Office skills
- Valid driver’s license
- A dynamic, cutting-edge environment
- Beautiful working space
- Competitive salary package
- In-house restaurant catering for head office
- Benefits including Provident fund, performance-based annual bonus, subsidised lunches, wellness programme
- Generous staff discount scheme
- Work/life balance with excellent working hours
Please click on the email link below to submit your CV with a photo.
Posted on 23 Nov 11:33
021 914 1433
Today, Weylandts is firmly established as the leading furniture and décor retailer in southern Africa, offering clients contemporary quality designs sourced from around the world and showcased in a beautiful environment where space and natural light enhance the inspirational merchandising.
|Recent jobs by Weylandts||City||Date posted|
|Senior Showroom Consultant||Knysna||10 Dec 09:57|
|Junior Visual Merchandiser/Design Graduate||Durban||29 Nov 11:48|
|Junior Visual Merchandiser/Design Graduate||Umhlanga Manors||28 Nov 10:09|
|Senior Interior Designer/Project Manager||Cape Town||23 Nov 11:33|
|Senior Interior Designer/Project Manager||Cape Town||23 Nov 09:17|