|Get jobs on your |
Senior Interior Designer/Project Manager
|Company:||Weylandts Home Outfitters|
Turning empty spaces into living spaces.
This role is responsible for contributing to the success of Weylandts Spaces, a full interior architecture, design and project management service for corporate, retail, hospitality and domestic interiors. Working with the business development team to project manage the design/renovation of spaces to meet the needs and requirements of Weylandts clients. This person will perform professional and technical work involving the efficient design of interiors to encourage maximum space utilisation, which includes planning, designing, and drafting of detailed specifications by the client. Management of a small design team will be a key component of the role.
- Develop Initial brief to client-approved status.
- Manage the team of interior designers and administrator to high levels of performance, allocating work, reviewing proposals and ensuring high standards are met within the department to meet client expectations.
- Develop and maintain client relationships as well as understand and adhere to client contracts, product register, individual costings and agreed budgets
- Development of design and develop it to reality through production of floorplans and internal spatial layouts. Coordinate fabric and finishes presentations; Execute and manage furniture drawings, bespoke product with sufficient technical details for manufacture.
- Oversee and manage manufacture of furniture, with regular supplier visits. Ensure quality controlled and that furniture is up to standard and correctly manufactured for sign off.
- Facilitate and manage site meetings with contractors and specialist suppliers.
- Develop and manage project program to ensure that project runs according to schedule and adheres to completion date.
- Manage and facilitate transport, freight, packing, insurance and installation of furniture and accessories.
- Install furniture for client approval and final sign off.
- Continuously stay informed about trends, designs, designers and furniture pieces. Continue to build up knowledge base.
- Maintain and develop supplier relationships
- Degree in interior design/interior architecture or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of design software e.g. Autocad, SketchUp (or similar 3D software) and Photoshop
- Minimum eight years of relevant experience in an interior design firm, architectural firm or architectural department of a large company with in-house facilities management to include all phases of interior design, including drafting, detailing, scheduling, and assisting with the coordination of contractors
- Three years of people management experience
- Must have experience in senior project management/interior design role (three years)
- Passion for interior décor and design with strong project management skills
- Creative and passionate about the Weylandts brand
- MS Office skills
- Valid driver’s license
- A dynamic, cutting-edge environment
- Beautiful working space
- Competitive salary packages
- In house restaurant catering for head office
- Benefits including Provident fund, performance based annual bonus, subsidised lunches, wellness programme
- Generous Staff discount scheme
- Work/life balance with excellent working hours
If you want to be part of our highly skilled and professional team of designers and decorators that create bespoke interiors and tailored furniture pieces for the residential, commercial and hospitality sectors, contact us now!
Posted on 23 Nov 09:17
021 914 1433
Today, Weylandts is firmly established as the leading furniture and décor retailer in southern Africa, offering clients contemporary quality designs sourced from around the world and showcased in a beautiful environment where space and natural light enhance the inspirational merchandising.
|Recent jobs by Weylandts||City||Date posted|
|Senior Showroom Consultant||Knysna||10 Dec 09:57|
|Junior Visual Merchandiser/Design Graduate||Durban||29 Nov 11:48|
|Junior Visual Merchandiser/Design Graduate||Umhlanga Manors||28 Nov 10:09|
|Senior Interior Designer/Project Manager||Cape Town||23 Nov 11:33|
|Senior Interior Designer/Project Manager||Cape Town||23 Nov 09:17|