|Get jobs on your |
Junior IT Technician
|Remuneration:||R9000 - R12000 per month negotiable Cost to company|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Company:||The Forum Company|
The information technician is responsible for installing, diagnosing, testing and maintaining computer hardware, software and networks related problems and fix performance issues, repair PCs in the workplace, including troubleshooting, maintaining or repairing of storage devices and software that are plugged into or installed on desktops or laptops.
- Ensure that internal software (Forward and Rendezvous) runs effectively at all times.
- Maintain Active Directory and Office 365.
- Train/coach all new and existing employees in the relevant software to ensure that optimum results are achieved.
- Support The Forum Company software users when required.
- Developing new as well as enhancing existing reports in the Forward system.
- Develop and maintain specifications for new and existing hardware within the company. Must be able to load new desktop and laptops.
- Develop and implement software policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement project charters for the company's new venues.
- Liaise with Dimension Data and Internet solutions IT to get the latest developments as far as Internet connectivity is concerned and make necessary adjustments to our systems when necessary.
- Liaise with the IT departments of the company's external clients to ensure that our internal systems are installed and operated optimally and runs without disruption.
- Liaise closely with internet solutions on the VPN developments.
- Liaise closely with the Forward and Rendezvous providers to ensure we have access to the latest developments to ensure that the best results are achieved at all times.
- Carry out any other job-related duties that may be requested by management, which may involve working in other areas, as demanded by business needs.
- Information technology: Ensure the integrity of the software at all times thus ensuring accurate information.
- Relationship with colleagues: builds and maintains a good relationship with work colleagues.
- Recognises and values the diversity of fellow colleagues.
- Develops open and honest collaboration within and across teams and asks questions in order to improve his/her relationship/service to colleagues/customers/suppliers.
- Holds himself/herself accountable for achieving targets and getting results.
- Keeps commitments and get the job done despite the odds.
- Constantly updates his/her knowledge and skills for the good of the establishment and the profession.
- Builds business relationships with fellow colleagues/customers/suppliers with honesty and integrity.
- Initiative: always makes decisions in favour of the company’s performance.
- Takes time to understand customers’ needs and then strives to exceed expectations by providing excellent service at all times.
- Does everything possible to meet goals, while maintaining high-quality standards of output within budgets and deadlines.
- Shows respect for fellow colleagues by using appropriate language and tone, being punctual for meetings and responding to messages and requests for information promptly.
- Maintains the highest possible standards of personal hygiene and dress.
Posted on 29 Jan 14:53