Group Head of Marketing - Financial Services
|Remuneration:||negotiable cost-to-company |
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have a compelling job opportunity for an innovative Group Head of Marketing at a renowned financial services company’s Cape Town offices. The purpose of this role is to strategically manage the marketing function for the company. As such, you will support its positioning as a top-performing asset manager. You must be well organised, capable of managing multiple priorities, and operate in the detail and at a strategic level. You will report directly to the CEO.
If you are a passionate marketer and a determined, smart, and ambitious leader, we’d love to hear from you. Apply today!Responsibilities
- Planning and leadership of marketing department ensuring appropriate structures, process, resources, and control (including budgeting)
- Overall responsibility for developing, coordinating, and implementing the groups marketing plan and initiatives
- Brand Management: responsibility for managing brand reputation and risk, including overseeing market research. Develop and improve brand identity and positioning ensuring there is a consistent & strong image across all initiatives
- Advertising: managing both the above the line and below the line campaigns
- Media Relations: coordinate media interest, ensuring regular contact and appropriate responses to improve presence in the market including management of media share of voice
- Event Management: in collaboration business units provide creative input into the management of corporate events and workshops by providing on-brand staging ideas and developing world class collateral
- Collateral management: coordinate appearance of all organization print and electronic materials (letterheads, use of logo, brochures, folders, newsletters etc) and manage apparel
- Drive and manage the ongoing development and management of our corporate social investment initiatives to ensure that this strategic aspect of the business remains relevant and evolves as the business and country landscape changes
- Manage relationship, delivery and communication with internal clients and external service providers, including advertising agency.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business
- MBA or postgraduate degree will be an advantage
- 10-15 years of proven experience in designing, implementing, and coordinating marketing activities, ideally in a financial services company. You understand the category and are able to hit the ground running with innovative ideas
- Proven strategic ability to develop 360-degree marketing plans (Above and below the line and Digital)
- Track record of effectively communicating concepts and ideas
- Listed company experience an advantage
- Investment product knowledge preferred
- 5-10 year of proven experience at managing a marketing team towards deadlines, a natural-born leader of people
- Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Strong emotional intelligence, resilience, and high energy levels
- Team player – ability to provide hands-on assistance to the team and the business wherever required
- Ability to manage relationships (including conflicts) across different levels
- Creative capability – ability to develop, identify appropriate creative concepts and sell these ideas
- Effective communication skills – articulate, persuasive
- Ability to grasp complex content
- Strong leadership, project management, execution, and collaboration skills
- Entrepreneurially minded.
VGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 04 Jul 13:17, Closing date 2 Sep