|Remote work:||Not Applicable|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Zenith Optima is looking for a dynamic person with people management experience to oversee our HR function on a full-time basis. This candidate needs to be organized, efficient and most importantly passionate about people!
- Location: Rotate around 3x offices in Johannesburg
- Company staff complement: 25 employees
- Report to: CEO/founder and managing directors
Duties and responsibilities
- Passionate about people
- Patient and compassionate
- Ability to multitask
- Strong sense of ethics
- Team player
- Accuracy, completeness and timeliness.
- Agency compliance and performance – statutory and internal.
- Controlling effectiveness – management and achievement of financial parameters and constraints.
- Staff Cost to Income Ratio target achievement.
- Cash Flow management, WIP and accrued revenue monitoring.
- Client Profitability.
- Team management, performance reviews and capability development.
- Skills development management.
- Recruitment and Selection: Attract, retain and motivate staff. Oversee the full recruitment function to ensure candidates fit the role and company culture. Conduct reference checks and background screening such at ITC, criminal checks and qualifications checks.
- Employee Relations: Schedule onboarding of new starters. Consult and advise management and staff on Labour relations issues. Ensure compliance with relevant legislation for all employment-related matters. Liaise with HR consulting company with regards to any labour relations situations. Represent the company in disciplinary hearings. Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance. Collect and analyse employee data via internal surveys to measure employer satisfaction and develop talent.
- Monthly financial recons – of all junior operational staff payments, incentives and deductions.
- Manage and maintain HR software system – leave management, document sharing and pay slips.
- General administration; Take meeting minutes where required, maintain filing and document storage.
- Staff advocate – assist with staff culture initiatives, instil professionalism, build diverse teams, communicate effectively, create a happy space and look after our people in the workplace!
- Relevant qualification
- Minimum one years’ experience in HR management/ people management.
- Good understanding of relevant labour laws i.e. BCEA, LRA, EEA.
- Proven problem-solving ability
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office, Excel, Word and Internet.
- Importantly passionate about people
Applicants must hold valid South African passports or work permits.
Please send a max 2-page CV to amitpohtinez@gnagobel
with a covering letter.
If you have not heard back from us within two weeks, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Posted on 06 Dec 13:57, Closing date 4 Feb