- How to introduce authentication biometrics without additional hardware
- 5 tips for working while on holiday
- GBV in the workplace: Where to from here?
Retail Marketing Manager
|Company:||Talent Magnet | Digital Recruitment|
Job descriptionReporting to the head of retail marketing and partnerships
Your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for defining and implementing retail marketing, sponsorships, partnership and commercial plans
- Define and implement department and division level marketing plans and programs (across all marketing channels) that drive visits and support GMV, growth and shopper acquisition objectives.
- Build relationships internally with the retail and marketplace teams to identify product based marketing opportunities that the marketing team will need to execute on. Develop in-depth knowledge of your Division and Departments in order to craft meaningful product based marketing strategies
- Manage and grow a team of retail marketing managers, marketing coordinator and digital campaign manager
- Coordinate retail marketing team and work closely with and support the division and department managers to achieve overall growth KPI's.
- Coordinating internal retail, marketplace and marketing teams to ensure each team is aligned on the marketing and promotional calendars.
- Optimise and manage the retail and marketplace department marketing priority executions, process and reporting.
- Own and manage partnership, marketing income, coupon and loyalty marketing budget spend and targets. Be responsible for achieving and tracking all retail marketing, partnership and commercial KPI's.
- Manage your department’s input into the marketing calendar, driving alignment across the marketing team to ensure that all functions address and deliver on the retail and marketplace department priority requests
- Developing external relationships with partners to secure and grow shopper acquisition and retention.
- Build relationships with suppliers, sellers and partners to identify strong co-branding opportunities, and craft value exchange/co-op marketing agreements with these partners. In addition, you will be required to drive commercial opportunities with suppliers through the crafting of proposals, timeous execution of campaigns and post campaign reporting.
- Identifying relevant events across South Africa that align with the take brand, and helping to source cost effective opportunities to participate at these events.
- Attract new buyers to our site through partnership opportunities with big brands in the market, particularly banks, and engaging in ongoing strategies to unlock the potential of those partnerships.
- Identifying relevant events across South Africa that align with the brand, and helping to source cost effective opportunities to participate at these events.
- Operational and management reporting weekly and monthly (incl retail dept level reporting)
- A strong strategic thinker who has worked with C-level executives - an ability to craft marketing plans to build department sales
- A highly driven individual who is motivated to drive meaningful sales revenue for the business through retail marketing initiatives including - onsite sales, product launches, co-marketing opportunities with suppliers, event and sponsorship marketing.
- An inquisitive mind with a passion for data - be highly analytical, using data to inform decisions
- An understanding of e-commerce and the key levers that drive sales in an e-commerce environment
- A strong working knowledge of Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel is required
- Tech Savvy - have a passion for technology and how to use technological solutions to improve performance
- Creative mindset - be able to craft numerous campaigns across many departments
- Solutions-oriented - have a can-do attitude and high energy
- Highly organized and efficient, with an ability to work towards and meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail will be very important; strong administrative skills
- A person who is a very strong relationship builder and can unlock opportunities with partners and suppliers.
- Good negotiation skills
- eCommerce marketing experience
- Experience in developing and managing annual marketing budgets
- A track record of having developed and implemented successful integrated marketing campaigns across all touchpoints
- Experience in managing a team, external agencies and having large budget responsibility.
- A track record of having grown a customer base and performed on acquisition and revenue targets.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to collaborate with diverse teams.
- Ability to priorities responsibilities and multiple projects that will impact the business at various levels
- Experience in retail preferable
- A bias towards action
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in business, marketing or communication
- A minimum of 8-10 years retail and marketing experience
- Experience working across marketing channels – digital, ATL, partnerships, Commercial – with demonstrable results
- Retail or e-commerce industry experience beneficial
- Takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of Takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the best (great requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is smart, has integrity and is hardworking
Posted on 16 Nov 16:08
Apply by emailSaskia Goldberg
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
See also: Manager, Store Manager, Account Manager, Marketing Manager, Project Manager, Social Media Manager, Marketing, Sales Manager, Financial Manager, Campaign Manager
We're recruitment experts who specialise in digital. With over 15 years experience ,Here's what we offer. FAST, PROFESSIONAL SERVICE Speed is everything in this business, which is why work around the clock to get results fast. A UNIQUE DIGITAL FOCUS We're passionate about digital and uniquely focused on helping the industry grow. From Client Service to Paid Media, SEO, Marketing, and more, we've got it covered. NATIONAL NETWORK With contacts across the South Africa and some obroad, we have the ability to find work placements and opportunities irrespective of location. IMPROVISED SOLUTIONS Whether it's immersing ourselves in company culture or hot desking at clients to find them the perfect candidate, we pull out all the stops.
Get job alerts for Marketing Manager jobs
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference. We have a fabulous (5-month maternity leave) contract opportunity for a mid-weight Distribution...
Top Media and Communications is the fastest growing business B2B media company in the country.
Cape Town, Milnerton
Local e-commerce site looking for a hands-on, creative digital marketer with a strategic mind.
We are recruiting for a Business Manager / Senior Account Manager to join one of the best performance marketing agencies in South Africa.
Cape Town, Sea Point R10000 - R18000 Monthly
Brand Influence and Monetise are looking for a strong social media campaign manager who has completed Facebook blueprint exams (or at least completed the modules); able...
One of our Nomad Now clients, global leading oil and gas company, with a presence in over 130 countries, is seeking a national sales and marketing manager with at least...