- Gender-responsive budgeting as a response to widening gender inequality
- MTN transformation programme turns employees into store owners
- Why contracting, micro-jobbing and gig work is on the rise
Mid-Weight Brand Manager
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
|Location:||Cape Town, Northern Suburbs|
We have a fabulous job opportunity for a mid-weight Brand Manager to work in-house on a truly South African global brand based in Cape Town’s Northern Suburbs. As part of the Global Brand Team, the Brand Manager will play a key role in building awareness of the Brand by entrenching a premium position as a personal skincare brand in the professional channel. The role also encompasses consumer communication, and in order to be an effective competitor in key markets, the education of skincare professionals across all markets in a globally consistent way. You should be a strategic thinker and as such will help establish objectives and strategies to maintain and improve brand's position in the global marketplace. The successful candidate will create Brand Activity Plans, work on Brand building communications, oversee brand owned Digital assets and serve as the local in-market team liaison. Stunning opportunity at a fantastic high-end brand. Don’t miss out!
- Strategy: Identifying the current and potential consumer (+ insights) and building opportunities (i.e. communication, promotions, product etc.) around this
- Understanding and monitoring of the competitive landscape across key markets and monitoring trends both inside and outside the professional skincare category
- Assists in the creation of strategic brand documents and supporting materials for key stakeholder engagement/management
- Managing the overall execution of the consumer engagement strategy to support all key global brand activities across brand owned, paid and earned communication channels
- Developing relevant analytics against which to measure and report on
- Budget management
- Manages the OTIF (on time and in full) delivery of assigned brand activities/projects (i.e. communication, promotions, product etc.) by ensuring that cross-functional team delivers OTIF
- Participates in the weekly timeline meeting and updates cross-function team stakeholders and management
- Provides updates to in-market Distributor teams via Bulletins on the Distributor Portal or via emailers
- Manages the creation of brand building marketing material from brief stage to final handover to in-market Distributor teams (i.e. creation and distribution of TTL campaign toolkits and on boarding of key in-market teams via webinar/Skype etc.)
- Ensures that all communication toolkits and associated assets are correctly and timeously loaded onto the Distributor Portal Site and that in-market teams are regularly updated via Bulletins/Emailers.
- Manages the creation of new or updating of existing merchandising toolkits to ensure they are aligned to brand activity and available for order on the Distributor Portal by in-market Distributor teams.
- Manages daily interactions with key agency partners and ensure that briefs are delivered OTIF and within budget.
- Ensuring that all key in-market Distributor teams seamlessly and successfully execute/implement/deploy global brand communication assets in their markets
- Working closely with key in-market Distributor teams to understand their brand building plans for the year and providing insight /direction /support to assist in driving brand awareness and market growth.
- Reviews and approves all locally created brand material to ensure that it is within the Global Brand Guidelines.
- Developing relevant analytics against which to measure and report on in the monthly marketing report.
- Manages daily requests or enquiries from in-market teams.
- Works with digital agency partner to set the digital strategy, corresponding content strategy and KPIs.
- Manages digital agency partner to ensure that Brand websites are updated OTIF and within budget according to the Global Brand Plan.
- Works with in-market teams and digital agency partner to localise websites, ensure migration is actioned where necessary, translate site content, provide clarity between Global Brand Team versus in-market Distributor Team roles and responsibilities for localised websites, provides guidance on digital strategy to ensure that localised sites are optimised and funded to drive awareness locally.
- Ensures that digital KPIs are set (for Global site and localised sites), tracked and reported on monthly by in-market Distributor teams and shared with key stakeholders.
- Timeously inputs latest brand project/activity updates, KPI tracking, action plans into the Monthly Marketing Report
- Adheres to all company policies and rules
- All relevant documentation to be completed accurately and filed.
- Report irregularities and other non-conformities relating to GMP which forms part of the continual quality improvement process.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- University Degree
- 5-7 years of Consumer Marketing experience
- Minimum 3 years at Brand Manager level
- Experience in personal care, skincare, beauty, luxury, professional channel
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and verbal communication as well as presentation skills
- Able to demonstrate ownership of key deliverables
- Action and results orientated self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Able to embrace big picture objectives whilst being detailed orientated
- Highly flexible and responsive, with ability to effectively manage multiple changing priorities and different stakeholders
- Ability to build and nurture strong working relationships internally and externally.
Company DescriptionVGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 15 Sep 14:14
+27 21 422 1037
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
See also: Brand Manager
- Introducing the new look of VGP Recruitment06 Feb 11:44
- It pays to look into C to C08 Dec 11:59
- The value of working with a recruitment agency26 Sep 13:44
- Getting your career mapped out30 Jul 16:22
- Viv Gordon Placements celebrate 21 years of expertise10 Jun 15:26
Get job alerts for Brand Manager jobs
Stellenbosch University Faculty of Economics and Management Sciences University of Stellenbosch Business School (USB) Marketing Division Corporate Brand...
An exciting vacancy has become available for an experienced Mid-Senior Brand Manager at a well-known Cape Town property group.
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference. We have a fantastic job opportunity for a mid-weight Brand Manager to work at a leading household...