- Should executives' pay be cut to support employees during coronavirus crisis?
- Preserving your employer brand in uncertain times
- Lockdown shopping: Retailers ramp up in-store safety measures
|Get jobs on your |
Sports Marketing Lead – Global Sportswear Brand
|Company:||Ivy Farrell Recruitment|
Job descriptionDo you eat, sleep, live and breathe sports? Are you a passionate and ambitious sports marketer at least three years’ experience working and driving excellence in sports marketing?
Want to go client-side – working for a group that represents a well-known global sportswear brand in SA?
The role is based in Cape Town and reports to the marketing lead.
Planning, development and implementation of all Sports Marketing Activities for well-known global sportswear brand in SA.
Strategy and planning
- In line with global direction, assess, scope, recruit and manage athletes, teams and events that grow the awareness and authenticate the brand amongst the focused performer audience within SA.
- Create and continuously revise a strong, unique and compelling five-year SPOMA strategy to deliver on key and unique KPIs to grow and differentiate the brand.
- Align and build an actionable plan within budgets and successfully manage the implementation with a focus on excellence and ROI measurement.
- Facilitate excellence in the management of, impact of, and intelligence of the asset (coaches/clubs or athletes)
- Source, recruit and manage key brand-right and discipline right athletes in line with company and brand marketing objectives
- Through the CORE platform, manage the annual contractual review of all athletes & influencers and ensure effective product/resources servicing
- Create strong and effective brand and athlete activation plans that ensure asset ROI
- Manage efficient and effective seeding throughout the athlete and influencer rosters
- Over-service the assets to ensure brand love and advocacy
- Ensure all potential athletes/influencers are reviewed in accordance with the UA scoring and efficiently communicated with.
- Measurement reporting on asset activity, performance and viability.
- Source and/or develop key events that engage with the key Under Armour Focused Performer audiences in order to drive authenticity, deliver key marketing objectives and effectively build the brand in South Africa.
- Ensure all contracts are negotiated and managed in line with budgets.
- Ensure all events are effectively leveraged through a full 360 marketing channel integration.
- Ensure all events are executed in line with global brand guidelines, key KPIs are achieved and effectively measured according to ROI and efficiently reported on.
- Grass Roots optimisation
- Activist event management when required
- Manage all the SPOMA branded assets
- Drive a strong sporting culture within the business
- Drive UA awareness and reputation within SA sports circles
- Manage the efficiencies of the driver position
- SPOMA budget management and efficiencies
Should you not receive a response within three working days of your application please take it that your application has been unsuccessful.
- Tertiary education: marketing/advertising diploma
- Minimum of three years of working experience in sports marketing
- Experience in contract negotiation, athlete management, event management and brand optimisation
- Thorough knowledge of sporting disciplines, industry bodies and key figureheads
- Driven to set and achieve ambitious KPIs and measure ROI
- A global understanding of the sporting landscape to align the local brand opportunity
- A strong understanding of brands and the sports apparel and footwear industry
- Own driver’s license
- Ability to travel locally and internationally
- Flexibility for after-hours requirements
Posted on 12 Mar 13:56
Get job alerts for Marketing jobs
- Digital Marketing Technology Specialist - Financial Services, Cape Town, VGP Recruitment
- Digital Marketing Specialist, Cape Town, Ad Talent
- Digital Marketing Intern, Cape Town, Cape Town, Trusted Interns
- Marketing Assistant - Graphic Designer/Social Media, Cape Town, Bellville
- Telemarketing Agent, Cape Town, Home Choice
- Junior Public Relations/Marketing, Cape Town, Milnerton
- Junior Marketing/Social Media Manager, Cape Town, Sea Point
- Media Marketing Manager, Cape Town, Rondebosch
- Digital Marketing Data Analyst, Cape Town
- Digital Marketing Intern, Knysna
- Marketing Administrator/Social/Digital Media Manager, Cape Town, Diep River
- Marketing Manager, Somerset West
- Head of Marketing | E-commerce, Cape Town, Amplified Talent
- Marketing Coordinator, Cape Town, Century City
- Marketing Assistant, Cape Town, Somerset West
- Email Marketing Specialist, Cape Town
- Digital Designer / Digital Marketing, Cape Town, Montague Gardens
- Junior/Mid Marketing Account Manager, Cape Town, Bellville
- PR Account Director: Corporate/Consumer Portfolio, Cape Town, VGP Recruitment
- Senior Data Analyst, Cape Town, Ogilvy Cape Town
- PR Account Director, Cape Town, VGP Recruitment