|Get jobs on your |
Looking for a dynamic individual, with a strong interest and love for books and reading, to take on the role of marketing and publicity manager.
The successful candidate must be highly motivated with a proven track record of managing marketing and publicity campaigns.
As the marketing and publicity manager this person will be required to manage teams that make up the marketing and publicity departments and so must have experience in managing at a senior level.
The marketing and publicity manager will be responsible for ensuring that the efforts of the marketing and publicity departments support the objectives of the sales team and that all teams work together to achieve the company’s financial goals.
Please note that this position requires considerable after-hours attendance at events
Skills, competencies, qualifications and experience
- At least five years of management experience at a senior level in the marketing and publicity sphere
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal – must be able to confidently write creative copy
- Strong interpersonal, administrative, strategic, and people management skills
- Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships
- Must be determined, resilient, enthusiastic, motivated, positive, pro-active, and be a team player who is able to work independently
- A strong interest and love for books, reading and publishing in general
- Computer literate with strong Excel skills
- A valid driver’s licence and own transport
- An appropriate degree would be beneficial
- Must be able to work well under extreme and often relentless pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Highly organised and consistent in task execution and follow-through
- Must be creative and innovative, always striving to improve the way we do things
- Must be flexible, adaptable, able to resolve problems quickly and decisively
- Must be able to take charge where required, but also empower members of the marketing and publicity departments to achieve their goals and to develop their skills
- Must demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- Must create and maintain a strong sense of collaboration within the marketing and publicity departments, and with other departments
- Established network of contacts within media is advantageous
Posted on 04 Nov 13:42
We are niched in the communications industry with offices in Johannesburg and Cape Town from where we service all of South Africa, Africa, the Middle East, Europe and the rest of the world. Our portfolios include Digital, Creative and Client Service in Advertising, Marketing, Media, Public Relations and Corporate Communications.
|Recent jobs by Ad Talent||City||Date posted|
|Business Manager||Johannesburg||19 Nov 12:16|
|WordPress Developer||Johannesburg||14 Nov 14:20|
|Attorneys Broker||Cape Town||14 Nov 14:19|
|Design/DTP - Advertising Executive||Johannesburg||14 Nov 09:29|
|PR Account Director||Johannesburg||12 Nov 11:17|
|Communications/Special Projects Office Manager||Johannesburg||12 Nov 07:42|
|Senior Strategist||Johannesburg||12 Nov 07:41|
|Design/DTP - Advertising Executive||Cape Town||11 Nov 14:15|
|Junior Copywriter||Cape Town||07 Nov 12:28|
|Mid-Level Retoucher||Cape Town||07 Nov 10:32|