- Potential jail time on the cards for CV fraudsters
- Education initiatives can transform CSI into social justice
- Companies need to ask themselves: can innovation be taught?
|Get jobs on your |
Portfolio Marketing Manager
|Location:||Cape Town, Bellville|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||USB Executive Development (Pty) Ltd|
The University of Stellenbosch Business School Executive Development (Pty) Ltd (USB-ED) is the private company within Stellenbosch University offering management and leadership development short courses for companies and individuals across Africa and beyond. USB-ED has an exciting position for a Portfolio Marketing Manager. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, this role will be based at our USB-ED Office in Bellville, Cape Town.
The successful candidate will be the go-to person for acquisition marketing of the Open Enrolment, South Africa portfolio. This individual will be accountable for the development of the Open Enrolment portfolio’s overall strategy, budget, promotional campaigns (ATL and BTL) and market research with an overall view to achieving revenue/sales targets and broader marketing objectives.
Key performance areas and indicators.
There is a requirement for this successful candidate to be future-focused, demonstrated through active identification of market growth opportunities relevant to this portfolio. Efficient and effective cross-functional partnering with internal and external stakeholders is critical to role success.
Additional requirements for this role include but are not limited to: the ability to analyse campaign data, produce insights, generate reports, curate design briefs, compile presentations and present at senior level, engage confidently with clients, faculty and high profile speakers. Commercial focus includes development and management of the portfolio’s marketing budget as well as campaign reporting.
Qualifications: University degree in marketing
Work Experience: Eight to 10 years’ broad experience in marketing roles including minimum 3 years’ in a “marketing manager” or similar role
Seniority level: Mid – Senior
Indicative role outputs:
- Developed portfolio marketing strategy focused primarily on 1) curating media messaging that will attract new customers to enable the business to scale and 2) identifying gaps in the market; mobilizing the business to act on opportunities.
- Provides clear understanding to the business as to the link between the portfolio’s marketing investment and related revenue generation.
- Developed holistic marketing implementation plan with internal stakeholders and external agencies in order to achieve strategy.
- Owner and curator of lead-generation campaign dashboards.
- Controlled portfolio marketing budget.
- Developed advertising campaign material, written and designed collateral for all marketing vehicles (paid media, print, brochures, events, radio etc.)
- Are you an energised and creative team player ready to join a close-knit and high-performing team of passionate marketers?
- Are you a, “glass half full” type of person?
- Do you have at least three years’ experience in a marketing “manager” or similar role?
- Do you have proven experience developing marketing strategies and related implementation plans?
- Do you have proven experience curating and managing a marketing budget?
- Are you familiar with CRM and marketing automation systems and processes?
- Are you an inherently analytical individual who looks to data to drive decisions?
- Do you have an excellent grasp of written English and grammar, and you could see yourself as a copy-writer in another life?
- Are you highly organised, detail-oriented and able to prioritise tasks to ensure the job gets done on time and within budget?
- Are you an excellent communicator and collaborator who can engage confidently with all levels of roles?
- Are you truly adaptable and able to thrive in a fast-paced, always-changing, never-boring environment?
Commencement of duties: As soon as possible
Closing date: 19 July 2019
Application: To apply, please submit your CV to Rochall Daniels at
Enquiries: Direct application related enquiries to Bianca Solomon at
Interviews will be conducted during the week of 22 – 26 July 2019
NOTE: USB-ED is committed to equality, employment equity, and diversity. In accordance with the employment equity plan of USB-ED and its employment equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited, to candidates from under-represented designated groups. The job advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for short-listing. In line with USB-ED’s commitment to diversifying its workforce, we welcome and encourage candidates with disabilities to apply.
Should no feedback be received from USB-ED within three weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
USB-ED reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Company DescriptionThe University of Stellenbosch Business School Executive Development (Pty) Ltd, more commonly referred to as USB-ED, is a private company offering leadership and management development (short course) programmes across Africa for both corporates and individuals. We develop and connect leaders through innovative and transformational learning experiences because we believe that empowered leaders can bring about change. USB-ED is based in South Africa (Cape Town, Johannesburg and Durban) and USB-ED Botswana is based in Gaborone, although programmes are presented in various countries across Africa. The USB’s international standing and reputation is confirmed by the triple crown of international accreditations, AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA.
Posted on 11 Jul 10:34
- Public Relations/Communications/Marketing Manager, Cape Town
- Digital Marketing Manager - Performance Marketing, Cape Town, Amplified Talent
- Digitial Marketing Manager, Cape Town, Topco Media
- Ad Ops Campaign Manager - Performance Marketing, Cape Town, Amplified Talent
- Marketing Manager - Employer, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- Marketing Manager - Direct, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- Marketing Manager, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- Design Marketing Manager, Cape Town, Century City
- E-Commerce Marketing Manager, Cape Town