- 3 steps towards 'glass boxing' your company with a Biz Press Office
- Potential jail time on the cards for CV fraudsters
- Education initiatives can transform CSI into social justice
|Get jobs on your |
Associate Director - Brand/Innovation
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Company:||Viv Gordon Placements (VGP)|
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have a tremendous opportunity for an Associate Director to join the energetic, dynamic Brand and Innovation team at this Johannesburg consultancy. The successful candidate will enjoy the privilege of working on a range of fabulous Blue-Chip FMCG, Financial Services and Alcohol Brand accounts. We’re looking for a talented AD to consult to clients on brand-led solutions to their toughest marketing questions. You would join a small, agile brand team of about 10 people, and be part of a broader team of consultants. You would play a leadership role on exciting client projects, working with both the brand team and our broader cross-practice teams on multi-disciplinary projects. The company combines insights, strategy and consulting to deliver strategic solutions to unlock demand-led growth for clients.
Only the crème de la crème is required for this specialist Marketing and Sales consultancy. Is it you?
- Client relationship management: The company’s Associate Directors (ADs) all lead projects and often full client relationships, building deep trusted partnerships with key clients. This will include taking and interpreting briefs into our organisation, “selling” solutions to win business, and leading thinking on solutions to clients’ briefs.
- Solution leadership: Our ADs are central to crafting applied solutions to client briefs, using their smart thinking and brand experience to deliver the convincing, innovative solutions that bring clients back to our teams over and over.
- Strategic and inspiring thinking, making significant contributions to finding solutions for our clients’ marketing challenges by demonstrating a strong affinity for culture, consumers and brands as well as fresh and inspiring thinking.
- Participating in and interpreting insight (e.g. Stakeholder interviews, in depth consumer interviews, groups, quant data, and cultural scans) along with cross-practice experts in these areas.
- Writing and presenting intellectually convincing and emotionally appealing proposals and debriefs to meet client briefs.
- Facilitation, to develop workshop process design, co-facilitation of internal meetings and external client workshops (around positioning, action-planning, portfolio, innovation and other marketing topics).
- A strong contribution to our culture and expertise around brands and marketing.
- Driving a passion for consumers, culture, insight and brands within our business.
- Sharing best practice on projects and learnings with broader team.
- A role in developing our business, with a practical commercial approach.
- Margin management and profitability delivery to Added value.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- University Degree – preferred
- Experience – a minimum of 6-8 years brand marketing experience, with last/current position at Marketing Manager level or above.
- Additional experience in an agency or consultancy environment would be an advantage.
- Good presentation skills are essential to deliver confident, articulate, energetic briefs
- Commercially savvy: with clear skills and costings and top line financials
- An innovative marketing thinker with a passion for growth, and a mind that fuses ideas and logic to create solutions to tricky questions
- A proven track record: An experienced marketer, involved in diverse aspects of marketing and commercial leadership.
- Strong skill base in brand and marketing strategy (including market segmentation, brand positioning, brand portfolio management, brand strategy and innovation) with developed points of view about brands and branding.
- Strong appreciation of consumer insight and exposure to consumer understanding approaches (e.g. qualitative research, quantitative research), coupled with natural curiosity.
- A passion for brands - with a real passion for marketing and the understanding of the role brands play in peoples lives and the ability to translate this into action – someone who thinks about the actual application and actionability of insight to marketing application.
- Creative ideas and a strong point of view: someone who thinks creatively and is happy to push the boundaries/challneg conventional research methodologies and thinking on a project by project basis to deliver cutting edge solutions as part of a team who love a challenge.
- Cultural awareness and connectedness – assimilates the impact of culture into project design and output.
- Proven people skills – a great communicator, able to collaborate and build relationships with both client and our team.
- Strong written and verbal skills for proposal and presentation purposes.
- Strong new business and commercial aptitude – able to understand financials and deliver profitable projects.
- Responsible for the client relationship, income and profitability – build abd grow sustainable relationships, identifying and understanding the long-term needs of the clients business.
- A passion for excellence in execution – can oversee all aspects of marketing projects – a polished project practitioner (proactive, strong problem-solving and project management) who is ultimately responsible for building the solution and final project delivery.
- Digitally savvy – an added bonus would be a good understanding of the world of digital.
Company DescriptionViv Gordon Placements (VGP) is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, digital, public relations and publishing industries.
Posted on 11 Jul 09:32
+27 21 422 1037