Hub Lead- New Economy Campaigns Hub
|Remuneration:||negotiable basic salary |
|Job level:||Management (Snr - Executive, 5+ yrs)|
|Type:|| 12 Months|
|Company:||The African Climate Foundation|
The African Climate Foundation (ACF) is the first and only African-led climate change re-granting organisation on the continent. Through its grant-making and thought leadership, the ACF seeks to support interventions at the nexus of climate change and development that have the greatest potential to deliver long-term socio-economic transformation and inclusive development.
The ACF is incubating a New Economy Campaign Hub, to coordinate and deliver effective cutting-edge campaigns and build campaigning and communications capacity across the climate-development nexus. The hub will help develop, drive and support integrated, cross-sectoral campaigns in support of a just transition to a low-carbon and thriving economy. We are looking for a dynamic and creative Hub Lead, with a passion for building and delivering innovative campaigns to set up and lead the Hub.
The primary role of the Hub is to foster and support agile, consolidated campaigning that delivers the policies and funding needed to support low-carbon development pathways, that deliver positive socio-economic outcomes and secure sustainable livelihoods.
The Hub aims to support the building of powerful new campaigning alliances both inside and outside of the climate change space connecting the climate, social justice and economic and development agendas. It will also work to foster campaigning innovation, including the adoption of sophisticated message testing, digital and mobile technology, storytelling, and strategic communications.
Specifically the hub will:
- Support the development and delivery of shared strategies for campaigns at the nexus of climate and development issues.
- Support the building of capacity in civil society groups through training, mentoring and resourcing, enabling them to deliver cutting-edge and effective campaigning and communications.
- Support efforts to connect policy and research think tanks with campaigners and activists.
- Help galvanise resources to support ambitious and effective research and campaigning in South Africa.
The hub lead, working closely with the African Climate Foundation and strategic partners, will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Supporting and overseeing, in consultation with the ACF and other strategic partners, the Hub’s strategy and designing processes and platforms for innovative and ambitious campaign development.
- Relationship building and partner identification.
- Organisational development and operation of the Hub, including managing a team, composed of staff and contractors, to deliver the work of the Hub.
- Leading the Hub’s communications and building its profile, by representing the Hub externally, including with donors and at convenings with stakeholders.
- Overseeing the distribution of small grants to partners to enable agile and responsive campaigning.
- Overseeing the development of capacity building programmes for civil society partners, including training and mentoring, enabling them to deliver cutting edge and effective campaigning and communications.
- Sourcing and contracting specialist external capacity to support campaigns (i.e. digital marketing, content creation, polling, etc.).
- Liaising with donors and seeking new sources of funding.
- Overall accountability for the organizations’ budget and regulatory compliance.
- At least 8-10 years’ experience, in a professional capacity or through lived experience, working as a campaigner, organizer, activist, communicator or civil society leader or coordinator.
- Excellent people management skills and a track record of building and leading high-performing teams, networks or coalitions.
- Track record of leading or building effective strategies to drive social change.
- Experience working within or leading complex coalitions or networks of stakeholders.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to present complex ideas in accessible, understandable language.
- Proven track record of working successfully with a wide range of stakeholders and partners, from grassroots organizations to government officials to philanthropic donors.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Understanding and interest in the intersection of climate, economic and social justice issues.
- Established networks in South Africa.
- Experience working with or commissioning digital and communications agencies.
- Fluency in English and at least two other official South African languages.
- Entrepreneurial and problem-solving attitude.
- A self-starter and willingness to build a new entity from the ground up.
- A creative, big picture thinker who understands how to drive change through both insider and outsider strategies.
- Flexible, with a proven track record of adjusting to a fast-paced and wide-ranging work environment.
- Have a passion for building a more just and healthier future for South Africans.
Please apply by completing your details via the link below:https://africanclimatefoundation.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=24
For further information about the ACF, visit www.africanclimatefoundation.org
Should you not hear back from us by 30 September 2022, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.The ACF strives to be an equitable organisation with a team which reflects the diversity of Africa. We offer a flexible and rewarding working environment as well as a competitive salary.
Posted on 11 Aug 12:58, Closing date 10 Oct