Junior Conference Producer
|Remuneration:||basic salary |
Topco is a leader in the business-to-business and public sector media industry, where our primary services and product offerings, i.e. awards, conferences, publishing, data and digital, aim to reward, celebrate and recognise the best in South African business and public sector. For over 20 years, Topco has worked closely with our customers to engineer superior intelligent primary and secondary solutions. Our goal is to make our customers more competitive by becoming more efficient. Our installed base speaks for itself. We will not shy away from a project due to complexity: rather we address each component head on. Our access to global solutions makes Topco a forerunner in media today. Topco offers a competitive salary and full office support.The role:
This is an exciting, multi-faceted role that requires a unique combination of character traits and skills. The successful candidate must have a passion for excellence and the appetite and ability to understand the relevant industry trends through immersion and exposure to the various conference focus areas.
The successful candidate will be involved in our unique research process, identifying and convincing global and local speakers to present on topic, managing the logistical process of getting speakers onboard, continual collaboration with our Events and Marketing team to ensure that we constantly execute world-class events, working alongside the Delegate and Sponsorship Sales teams to ensure they are set up for success in their sales efforts.
Conference producer key deliverables
- Create research document populated with industry-related questions for research purposes
- Undertake detailed telephone and desk research on specific conference topics and programme themes with senior level business executives. (Minimum 35 calls)
- Secure 10 high level advisory board members per event during research phase
- Develop a detailed business plan including researched and validated topics, themes, speakers, industry info, suggested partners and sponsors, industry SWOT analysis - a template will be provided - to be presented to the team
- Develop speaker tracker - populate with speaker contact details
- Draft speaker invitation - a template will be provided
- Develop draft conference agenda - a template will be provided
- Develop the intellectual content of the conference agenda, based on research of the target market.
- Assist marketing with content for social media and mailers
- Invite and confirm a minimum of 40 senior-level speakers (approved by Topco media - this is project based and the number of speakers may be higher)
- Assist sales with angles to bring in sponsorships
- Attend client meetings - populate project plans as per the sponsorship deliverables
- Invite and secure speakers and moderators for sponsored sessions as per the client's discretion - assist with bringing in sponsor collateral
- Secure speaker material (Pic's & bio's, etc.) for event collateral
- Arrange the collection of the conference speaker presentation where relevant
- Attend to the on-site management of the events.
- Assist with the conference administration and event software
- Manage the relationships with the speakers
- Arrange pre-recordings with speakers and liaise with studio
- Assist with registration of speaker on the event platform
- Strong Research and Analysis skills
- Analytical and investigative skills
- Attention to detail and brilliant time management
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Creative writing/Copywriting abilities
- Fast learner with a desire to get “stuck in”
- Teamwork and the ability to collaborate across the various business functions
- Strategic Thinking: Contribute to the strategic direction of the company
- Networking: Develop Strong, loyal relationships with speakers, as well as existing and potential customers
- The ability and desire to work remotely
- Website content management
- Proficient in LinkedIn
- Basic design capabilities
ONLY Cape Town Based Candidates will be considered for 1st Interviews.
Posted on 23 Jun 10:20, Closing date 22 Aug