Professional Officer - Events Planning
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
|Location:||Cape Town, Civic Centre|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||The City of Cape Town|
Safety and security - events
Professional officer: events planning
Basic salary: R417,968 per annum - ref no: SS 54/22 - Cape Town Civic CentreRequirements:
Key performance areas:
- Relevant BTech or first degree
- Minimum two (2) to five (5) years’ experience within an events planning environment
- Computer literacy
- A valid driver’s licence
- Must be willing to work outside of normal working hours
- Must be willing to travel to various locations for work purposes
- Ability to engage with a range of stakeholders.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
- Drive the negotiation and contracting of rights and benefits of sponsored events and delivery against agreed objectives
- Research and identify new events of interest for the City, prepare detailed documentation and present these for review and consideration
- Analyse statistical data and formulating recommendations for line management consideration
- Identify and develop successful relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Project manage the events support application process
- Draft reports to Portfolio Committee, Mayco and Council as necessary
- Facilitate the development of projects, systems, policies and procedures and their implementation, working with other professionals from the same or related disciplines
- Coordinate and facilitate working groups on issues of common concern
- Respond to queries and requests for services from clients
- Assist with the preparation of budgets and progress reports per event
- Effectively measure, monitor and report on relevant project and sponsorship budgets.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.Closing date: 1 July 2022
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at www.capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Posted on 22 Jun 10:56, Closing date 1 Jul