|Get jobs on your |
|Location:||Johannesburg, Lonehill, Fourways|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Company:||Creative Space Media|
If you are the ideal candidate for this role, you are extremely organized, process-oriented, self-directed, intellectually curious and resourceful. You are able to write well and communicate your ideas clearly. You pride yourself in being adaptable and unflappable in high-stress, tight-deadline situations. You are resilient, and persistent in the face of changing priorities. And you’re great in the room with clients, guiding them with your finely honed talent for content and project management, and your commitment to creating relevant and meaningful content. You have a creative flair that allows you to trouble shoot and think outside the box.
This position requires a mature professional individual with a knack for keeping event audiences engaged as well as strong customer relationship skills. You must be able to interact well with the public at all levels from waiting staff to CEOs.
At the core, this role’s primary responsibility is to implement the overall content strategy for events and other platforms. The majority of your thinking power will be spent on designing and organising the content component for events which may include sourcing different experts and speakers, devising topics, learning types and developing session themes. You will be in charge of the planning and will manage all content related logistics as well as report on key results you achieved.
The event content manger will be required to
- Engage key stakeholders at the start of the content planning process to identify content messages and organizational goals mapped to overall event themes and platforms.
- Identify content needs and manage the content development process for all events and platforms. This will include project management, management of production timelines, event programme development etc.
- Organise and run conference calls and content meetings including delivering meeting agendas, resources and meeting notes
- Hands-on, daily management of all session and speaker logistics including session details, speaker assignments and profiles, session scheduling, proofreading, PowerPoint presentations, session tagging and more
- Manage speaker communications including Call for Presentations, travel and expenses guidance and invitations, submission status and speaker preparation
- Identify and manage best onsite delivery and session types for all content including room sets, space planning and A/V needs
- Schedule and manage production meetings and speaker rehearsals
- Measure results (evaluations, attendance, feedback) on all content and communicate findings back to key stake holders. Modify processes to adopt best practices and incorporate feedback as appropriate
- Guide and coach a team to help manage all content and speaker deliverables.
- Coordinate with event leads to identify executive speaking needs and manage executive scheduling as it maps to corporate marketing integrated plans.
- Train and supervise administrative support personnel as needed deliverables
- Represent Creative Space Media with the utmost professionalism providing quality customer service while maintaining strong ethical work standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required skill set
In terms of required skill set the candidate must have the following:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar role
- Degree in journalism or relevant copywriting qualification
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft office packages
- Good writing skills
- Attention to detail is a must
- Ability to multi-task and manage workload/time effectively
- Proactive and self-motivated with the ability to work individually or as part of a team
- An ability to write effective communications – these will include reports, media releases, speaker briefing documents, invitations
- An excellent phone manner so that he/she is able to communicate with speakers and event contributors over the phone
- Excellent research abilities so that the candidate is able to source engaging speakers and topics for conferences and events
- Organizational skills
- An ability to work exceptionally under pressure
Posted on 16 Apr 10:53
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing, Media, PR, IT and Digital.Lynn: 082 802 4441
Specialists in Tech & Marketing recruitmentJackie: 072 487 3387
Nova: 073 393 9731