|Get jobs on your |
A property management company specialising in safe and convenient accommodation for University students throughout South Africa, is seeking a Meeting and Events Coordinator to join their team on a temporary basis.
Please Note: If you do not fit the specification with the minimum requirements your application will not be accepted for this position. Shortlisted candidates may be required to complete an Assessment or Test to demonstrate your knowledge of this position.
- Events/Office Administration Management or related qualification
- At least three years’ experience as an Event Coordinator
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Business Management or Public Relations an advantage
- Must be computer literate
- Supports the targets in relation to budgeted revenues and the control of expenses.
- Demonstrate full knowledge of all the company’s offerings.
- Follow up on daily business enquiries.
- Follow up on all pre-payment deposits limiting business risk.
- Share accountability for Banqueting cost control and the related results.
- Assist in ensuring that all laws, regulations, licenses and policies pertaining to the operations of the Event are adhered to.
- Assist in ensuring that standards are maintained in Banqueting venues and outlets at all times in relation to service delivery and hygiene requirements.
- Assist to ensure that conference coordinators receive a welcome pack and briefing on arrival.
- Assist to ensure that post conference briefings take place with conference coordinators on last day and account is signed off for payment.
- Contributes by ensuring that guest satisfaction is established and maintained by the employees of the Banqueting Department.
- Assist to ensure that all reports associated with the department are produced on time and are accurate.
- Supply relevant information to other department timeously to assist them in planning and running their departments.
- Assist in keeping records and maintain filing systems within the Events Department.
- Keep follow-up files and records actions which have to be taken.
- Convert enquiries and provisional bookings into confirmed bookings.
- Enter all bookings into the conference and banqueting diary.
- Communicate regularly with client by telephone, telefax, email and letters.
- Compile events information sheet in accordance with Company policy.
- Adhere to the company credit policy and determines the method of payment for each event.
- Attend regular meetings with departmental managers to explain the detail of conference and banqueting bookings.
- Prepare guest accounts in accordance with the company policies and procedures.
- Taking enquiries from clients telephonically, online and walk-ins.
- Conducting site visits.
- Coordinate menu tasting for clients.
- Generate quotes and invoices in liaison with the Head Office Finance Team.
- Follow up on all payments, i.e. deposits and final payments.
Applicants must reside in Braamfontein or surrounding area.
Only South African citizens, who are suitably qualified, live in the applicable area and meet the requirements of the position are eligible to apply for this vacancy.
Please take note: if you have not been contacted within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Visit our website to view all of our current vacancies: www.mprtc.co.za
Posted on 11 Feb 13:59
The most essential and important resource any company can possess will undoubtedly be the talent that they employ. This is where MPRTC is crucial, in that we specialise in the most diverse and complex resource; we supply people, the right people, for your company.
|Recent jobs by MPRTC Recruitment||City||Date posted|
|Handyman||Cape Town||22 Feb 15:51|
|Pump Fitter||Witbank||22 Feb 14:18|
|Sales Representative||Durban||22 Feb 13:35|
|Laboratory Analyst||Witbank||22 Feb 11:01|
|Chemical Production Superintendant||Witbank||22 Feb 10:59|
|Sales Consultant||Umhlanga||22 Feb 09:23|
|Sales Consultant||Polokwane||22 Feb 09:22|
|Group Financial Accountant||Roodepoort||21 Feb 15:49|
|Shift Manager||Cape Town||21 Feb 14:41|
|Shift Manager||Cape Town||21 Feb 14:40|
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing, Media, PR, IT and Digital.Lynn: 082 802 4441
Specialists in Tech & Marketing recruitmentJackie: 072 487 3387
Nova: 073 393 9731