Senior Medical Writer
|Remuneration:||R50000 - R60000 per month |
|Location:||Johannesburg, Cape Town|
|Remote work:||Only remote work|
Senior medical writer
Principal purpose of the role
Write the full range of high-quality communication products aimed at the pharmaceutical industry
· Act as a source of product/therapy area expertise within the company and for the client
· Strive to achieve editorial excellence, producing clear, accurate, grammatically correct and creative written work on a variety of therapeutic areas appropriate to the project brief
· Produce the full range of written communications items in accordance with the needs of the client, target audience, target publication medium, level of design/creativity
· Proactively contribute creative ideas, concepts or suggestions to provide added value to projects
· Effectively brief members of the project team, including time allocations, target audiences and client’s key messages
· Review output for structure, scientific accuracy and creativity, and against the client’s rationale for the work, specific project objectives, key messages, target audiences and consistency with the marketing communication aims
· Lead specific projects, providing guidance to team members on client and project issues
· Mentor the work of less experienced Writers
· Work with and support other Writers to ensure strong teamwork and best practice across accounts
· Liaise effectively with the client and opinion leaders, acting as a point of contact according to the requirements of the account and proactively chasing for information when required
· Actively contribute to client/opinion leader meetings and facilitate these meeting as required
· Contribute to troubleshooting / handle objections from the client / opinion leaders to ensure continuing good relationships
· Monitor project costs against agreed budgets and notify Account Managers of any changes to specification
· Identify new opportunities on account and communicate to Account Team Leader
· Contribute to, and participate in, new proposal development
· Efficiently manage competing projects
· Alert colleagues to any potential problems in a timely manner
· Communicate effectively with company and company contacts
· Work within agreed deadlines and budgets
· Follow company style guidelines and procedures
· Anything else reasonably required
· Educated to at least degree level in medicine, pharmacy or life sciences. A higher degree would be an advantage.
· At least two years’ experience of working in medical communications or an equivalent environment. · A positive, can-do attitude.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Well organised and able to plan work effectively.
· Proficient in standard software packages (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook).
A degree in Medicine , Pharmacy or Life Science
2 years experience of working in medical communications or similar
Posted on 18 Oct 13:46, Closing date 17 Dec