E-commerce Sales Intern
|Remuneration:||negotiable Basic salary|
Location: Cape Town
Start date: ASAP
Hours/week: full time
Compensation: market related
GretMol Online is an online brand incubator, with an intense focus on e-commerce and digital marketing. We launch and develop branded products, using our unique playbook to build them into successful brands our customers love as quickly as possible. Imagine one half product development lab and another part digital marketing dojo. We work hard, with an incredible focus on execution and tangible results. We strive to be the best at what we do and will leave no stone unturned in that quest.
We are looking for someone obsessed with the web and online sales. Both dynamic and conscientious in your approach, you need to be fluent in MS Excel and comfortable understanding data. Photoshop would certainly be an advantage, you will be getting familiar with this too. Moreover a willingness and open-minded approach to learn what you already don’t know is key. Decisive in your approach, once a reasonable conclusion has been arrived at you are comfortable with taking swift action. In our business action equals conversions.
Never satisfied with today’s victory, you will see the title ‘Intern’ as just that. With your contributions you will look at make yourself indispensable as quickly as possible. The sky is the limit for us. An intern for us today should be leading a team tomorrow.
Had you been with us last three months, you would have:
- Launched a new homeware line on South Africa’s most important online sales platforms, including keyword optimized listings. You would have liaised with our partners to make this a success.
- Analysed stock/inventory ROI, producing a report on the best and worst sellers, with recommendations for adjustments in investment in those SKUs. This was presented at a board level within the business.
- Performed A/B testing on product images for conversion on a partner sales platform. Having studied what worked and why, you would be coming with suggestions for the next phase of testing.
- Liaised closely with our product development team to ensure the development lab and product pipeline have a proper sales plan in place.
- Attended a Christmas party at The Chefs Studio
To be a good fit for this job, you must have:
- Determination – a fast learner and quick on your feet. The excuse ‘you didn’t tell me to do it’ doesn’t work with us.
- A desire to become a fantastic internet marketer, curious to learn and know more and constantly questioning why.
- Excellent, concise written English. Other languages are an advantage too.
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel. Photoshop, HTML/CSS and/or programming languages are also a major advantage.
- Ideally a university graduate. If not, convince us in your cover letter why we should hire you anyway. If you are a graduate, this is also advisable. Why should we hire you?
- Essentially a South African Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- A strong bias toward execution. You love working independently and thrive when given freedom and flexibility. You don’t need a babysitter.
We are located in the Cape Town with a trendy spacious office. We have a start-up feel, yet a relentless focus on execution, working together and learning quickly. We don’t do office politics. Reporting to our Head of Sales, you will be able to make an impact from day one.
The ideal candidate will be looking for a long-term opportunity, to grow with us. There are no limits on what you can achieve from our point of view, you will be the author of your own success to a large extent.
Please submit your CV via email. All submissions should be sent via email with a PDF attachment (not MS Word) to az.oc.enilnolomterg@rh with the subject "Ecommerce Sales Intern Application". Please also explain in your email why you would be perfect fit for us. Any applications not submitted as PDF or submitted without the correct subject line will not be considered.
Company DescriptionGretMol Online is an online brand incubator, with an intense focus on e-commerce and digital marketing. We launch and develop branded products, using our unique playbook to build them into successful brands our customers love as quickly as possible. Imagine one half product development lab and another part digital marketing dojo. We work hard, with an incredible focus on execution and tangible results. We strive to be the best at what we do and will leave no stone unturned in that quest.
Posted on 03 Mar 16:28
Apply by emailHR Manager
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.