|Get jobs on your |
|Location:||Cape Town, Woodstock|
Job descriptionRunway is looking for a Product Designer to apply their impeccable design skills and best-practice capabilities to the fast-paced and ever evolving e-commerce environment.
You should be passionate about creating digital products that push the innovation boundaries. You should have an eye for clean and artful design and be able to translate high-level requirements into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces. To be successful in this role, you should be keen to constantly improve, test and adapt design concepts.
- Creating designs for desktops, mobile and mobile app platforms.
- Develop design concepts and user interface designs that are on brand and inline with the company strategy
- Conduct competitive product analysis and latest industry and design trend research
- Work with the front-end development team to turn user-centred designs into interactive interfaces
- Test and sign off new features that require design changes
- Maintenance and evolution of style guides
- Ensuring the interface of each store is consistent and adhering to the principles and styles of the style guide
- Receive briefs from various internal stakeholders and develop designs based on the requirements
- Identify opportunities to build new features or make improvements
- Proposing A/B tests to run on design elements, working with the development team and reviewing the results
Company DescriptionRunwaySale is an online fashion retailer. We offer high-end brands at a discounted price to our exclusive society.
RequirementsSkills & Experience
- Proven experience as a UX Designer, UI Designer or similar role
- Experience working with user behaviour data collection software > Google Analytics
- Strong portfolio of design projects
- Background in project management and research desirable
- Ability to create designs that consider the needs of specific users groups.
- Ability to think through the full user journey and design interfaces accordingly.
- A passion for championing design and innovation in the business.
- Experience with Adobe CC and similar design tools.
- Ability to be able to create a low-fidelity prototype (with tools such as InVision) to demonstrate user journey is advantageous.
- An understanding of the latest design trends.
- Ability to review current design of platforms and identify areas of improvement.
- Ability to work collaboratively with the marketing and development departments as well as other stakeholders throughout the business
- Experience designing websites that meet Web Accessibility guidelines and design best practices.
- Ability to receive a brief from various department stakeholders and turn it into a set of design requirements
- Seeing all projects through from concept, design to production
- Analytical mind with a business acumen
- Hardworking, self-motivated and passionate about being part of a fast paced industry and team
- Creative problem-solver and strategic thinker
- Critical thinking
- Curious and interested in the principles of user experience
- Excellent multitasker with the ability to effectively work on several projects and across different channels at any one time
- Committed and reliable
- Strong attention to detail and deadline driven
- Team player with excellent communication skills
Posted on 15 Apr 16:20
Get job alerts for Designer jobs
- Digital Designer, Cape Town
- UX Designer, Cape Town, The Skills Mine
- Digital Graphic Designer - Sports, Cape Town, Amplified Talent
- Digital Designer, Cape Town, Gardens
- Senior UI Designer, Cape Town, De Waterkant, M&C Saatchi Abel
- Social Media Motion Designer, Cape Town, De Waterkant, M&C Saatchi Abel
- Graphic Designer, Cape Town, Maitland
- Senior Interaction Designer, Cape Town, Woodstock, Hellocomputer
- Conceptual Digital Designer - Retail Fashion, Cape Town, VGP Recruitment
- Digital Experience Designer, Cape Town, Machine_
- Digital Art Director/Social Media Designer - Retail Fashion, Cape Town, VGP Recruitment
- Illustrator/Designer, Cape Town, Durbanville
- Graphic Designer, Cape Town, Observatory, AFDA
- Senior Interior Architect, Cape Town