- Finding your first job: a step-by-step guide for grads
- Youth development tops AEC 2019 agenda
- Resignation with immediate effect - separate rulings confuse the matter
|Get jobs on your |
|Location:||Johannesburg, Craighall Park, Randburg|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Job descriptionCaxton Magazines, Garden and Home seeks an experienced Features Editor who can research and write top-class content across multiple platforms. As features editor, you will be responsible for generating original and inspired feature ideas that meet our editorial standards and give rise to attention-grabbing cover lines. If you are passionate about home décor and gardening, we want to hear from you!
- Plan content for the brand by generating, pitching and selecting original, brand-appropriate feature ideas in consultation with the editor.
- Manage and cultivate strong relationships with a team of freelance contributors, commission articles from them, write briefs and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Research and write a variety of engaging features in keeping with the style and voice of the brand and craft attention-grabbing headlines and intros.
- Manage quality control on all features by rewriting, editing, proofreading copy to ensure it meets editorial standards prior to going to press.
- Compile shopping pages and source accessories for décor and house shoots when necessary.
- Oversee artwork, design and photography for the features section, attending photo shoots when required to ensure compliance with editorial style and tone.
- Maintain awareness of local and international décor and gardening trends through research and interpret them in features that appeal to a local audience.
- Collaborate with the digital editor to create engaging online content in keeping with the brand’s identity.
- Represent the magazine at events during and after hours to cultivate relevant editorial relationships.
- Undertake and manage special projects as and when required by the Editor and the commercial team.
- Tertiary qualification in journalism, media studies, English or communications.
- At least two years’ full-time working experience as a features writer and/or online content producer for a consumer magazine.
- Substantial experience in writing and, ideally, commissioning content.
- Proven computer literacy.
- Own transport.
- Excellent writing skills and command of English.
- A passion for décor, design and gardening.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- A thorough understanding of brand tone and style.
- Deadline and detail-oriented.
- The ability to work within a team as well as autonomously.
- The ability to manage, mentor and motivate the team.
Posted on 03 Dec 16:05