Web Content Administrator
|Location:||Cape Town, Tokai|
Job descriptionWho we are and what we’re looking for
Yuppiechef is South Africa's premier kitchen and homeware store. Based in Westlake, Cape Town with retail stores in Cape Town and Johannesburg, we see ourselves as helping people find more moments of joy in their homes — through products that make daily life more comfortable, more innovative and more beautiful. And we do it through our omnichannel shopping experience, providing our world-class service to our customers both in our stores and online.
High quality product content on our website and digital platforms is a key component of creating a seamless shopping experience for our customers — helping them make more informed decisions and inspiring them with well-written copy, accurate specs and beautiful visuals.
We’re looking for a full-time Web Content Administrator to join our in-house Web Team to help translate our vision into reality. If you’re looking for a role where you’ll have opportunities to learn from an experienced team and work closely with seasoned copywriters and photographers, then this may be the role for you.What your role looks like
Taking direction from our Web Content Manager, you’ll spend the bulk of your time making sure that we have all the information and high-quality visuals we need to list a new product to Yuppiechef's high standards.
As part of your role, you will be responsible for managing and trafficking our inbound product reviews — an area of the customer experience we value highly, and from which we learn a great deal. You will also spend your time making existing product pages better, by finding and adding any missing information.
In each of these activities, you will have continuous opportunities to learn about our range of products, how to sell them online and what makes a good online shopping experience. In time, our hope is that — through your experience and time in our team — you would make meaningful contributions towards improving our processes.Who you’ll be working with
You will be working alongside our Web Content Editors and our Photography team. We write all our product copy, and style, photograph and edit everything in-house, by grafting hard, collaborating, communicating openly and constantly, moving on ideas fairly quickly, and hitting deadlines. At times it comes with pressure, but we all love what we do and have a lot of fun while doing it. We’re also into things like pets, gin, coffee, series and cake (basically any and all baked goods).Who you are
Besides having the necessary talent and experience for the role, we’re looking for someone who is, above all else, eager to learn and inwardly driven. You are a good communicator (both in-person and asynchronously over email or chat), work well both autonomously and collaboratively, and enjoy honing your technical skills. People would also describe you as:
What experience and skills you need for the roleExperience:
- Calm and confident
- Required: At least one year’s experience writing copy, either professionally or non-professionally — e.g. working for a newspaper or magazine, or writing and managing your own food or travel blog.
- Advantageous: At least one year working in online journalism or media or for another e-commerce retailer in a similar role.
- Required: Relevant work experience writing copy and content research, and having some evidence of this in the form of a portfolio
- Advantageous: If you happen to have a tertiary qualification in English, communication, copywriting or journalism that would be advantageous
- Technical skills:
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Good grammar
- Personal skills:
- Excellent verbal and written skills (English)
- An ability to manage your own time and deliverables
Environment, gear, pay and benefitsGear you’ll use:
- A Macbook
- Various online packages, reporting tools and dashboards?
Our team has been working remotely for some time now, so — for the foreseeable while — you will need your own stable, high-speed internet connection for this role. And you will need to spend a few days in the office, when appropriate, to learn from your teammates and when safe, in-person collaboration is more suitable. When you are in our HQ offices in Westlake, you’ll find…
Pay and Benefits:
- A fully-equipped, communal kitchen where you can use all the tools we sell
- A fully-stocked coffee stations where you can hone your barista skills
- Parking available
- We pay competitive, market-related salaries based on skills and experience, and profit share based on the company's performance
- Your salary is based on a “Total Cost To Company” model and includes:
- Medical Aid (Discovery) contributions
- Group Life Cover
- Retirement Annuity
- Employee Assistance programme
- 17 Days Paid Annual Leave increasing to 20 days with length of service
Posted on 31 Aug 15:27, Closing date 30 Oct